We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
Our multi-disciplinary Placemaking practice produces long-term strategies that position communities for success in every aspect of the urban experience - from day-to-day living, learning and health, to major transportation and infrastructural growth. Or in human terms, we make people around the world enjoy life just a bit more with thoughtfully designed city spaces.
As we continue our mission to define the cities of tomorrow, we are looking for you, a talented entry level Graphic Designer, to join our diverse Placemaking Studio at IBI Group.
As the Graphic Designer you'll be working closely with our Design Strategist and our studio to bring creative projects to life that will make a difference on how we build and design our cities, no pressure though!
Most Of The Things You'll Work On:
- Come up with ideas, lots of them. We want you to unleash your imagination, don't hold back on us.
- Work in close collaboration with the design strategist as a creative unit within our studio to make sure these ideas come to life.
- Thrive within a multi-disciplinary environment across different project leaders and their respective project teams.
- Prepare, coordinate and develop top-notch materials for production such as: infographics, presentations, proposals, reports, posters, books and various publications.
- Exercise creativity and innovative thinking in the creation of high-quality graphic layouts and templates.
- Utilize strong communication skills, both visually and written, to convey ideas.
- Attend project meetings and design visual content in collaboration with various stakeholders.
- Take initiative in the creation and design of promotional materials to celebrate and grow our studio.
- Ensure that a high level of professionalism and quality is communicated through everything you create.
You'll Need To Have:
We hope lots of good things, but here is a list to start:
- Above all else, a sharp creative eye. You see, speak, and breathe great design.
- You are always on top of the latest design trends but what you produce is timeless.
- You are creative and strategic. You love thinking outside of the box, looking inside of it, and checking all the possible sides.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in whatever, yes you heard that right. Not a design grad? Not a problem, we love team members with diverse backgrounds! Seriously.
- You've got some graphic design experience. We aren't so picky about the specific number of years, but we do care about your portfolio and we're hoping your work speaks for itself. Drop the mic on us, we're prepared to be floored.
- You've got the Adobe Creative Suite in the palm of your hands.
- InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator are your three best friends, knowing the others would just be cherry on top.
- You are a self-acclaimed master of graphic design who can communicate creatively and manage efficiently the design and layout of complex, multi-page documents in your sleep.
- You are fluent in Microsoft PowerPoint, and knowledgeable in the full Microsoft Office Suite.
- You are Mac OS friendly.
- You are super detail-oriented, able to multi-task and can work independently and take initiative within a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- You can articulate, present, and inspire others with your ideas.
- You are an energetic and collaborative human with a can-do attitude, high degree of ownership and great work ethic.
- You eat constructive feedback and critical praises for breakfast, lunch and probably dinner.
- You possess krazy-glue strong communication and teamwork skills to work within multi-disciplinary project teams.
- You love a good proposal. We do a lot of them, so we're hoping you'll love doing them too.
We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19 but when we do the office is steps away from St. Clair station and is easily accessible by bike, TTC and car. Occupying 7 floors, with over 700 employees, it is the largest office at IBI Group. The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver's license record. Candidates will also need to confirm they are fully vaccinated in accordance with IBI Group's mandatory vaccination policy in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.