Chris and David started Penny AI in 2018 in Squamish, BC (a bit north of Vancouver) after seeing an opportunity to solve a massive problem for millions of direct sales consultants around the world. We have now grown to a team of 60+ located across Canada and the United States. Penny has tens of thousands of users across four continents who trust Penny to help run their businesses.
Penny is on an upward trajectory with backing from top-tier Venture Capitalists in New York, San Francisco, Toronto and Vancouver. As we grow our team, we don't expect everyone to know every answer. You may build something that fails spectacularly, and that's ok. What is important is that you remain humble, you laugh a little, you learn, and together we find a way to succeed.
Diversity, inclusion and belonging are some of our core values and as we expand we are committed to finding talented people from a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
Learn about our hiring process here.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Specialist to support customer expansion strategies, user activation, and new feature launches at Penny. You will work on key customer accounts, driving user behaviour and the highest levels of sign ups, adoption and satisfaction across Penny users and corporate teams. Internally, you will work with marketing, product and account success teams, supporting customer change management, building out user communications, designing activation strategies and ultimately ensuring users are getting maximum value from using Penny.
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns to a variety of audience segments, customizing messages and experiences based on a variety of data points.
- Build out, monitor and continuously optimize automated customer communications, increasing product engagement and reducing churn
- Plan and implement feature launch campaigns from awareness to sales and customer enablement, driving new user acquisition and account expansions
- Build out account-specific strategies, and execute on communication plans partnering with the digital manager for coordinated multi-channel initiatives
- Brainstorm new and creative marketing programs and campaigns, striving to create exceptional customer and prospect experiences and driving value in every communication
- Create and manage partner promotion and campaign strategies in partnership with the sales team
- Implement feature launch strategies, gather user feedback, facilitate feature activations
- 3-5 years experience in a Customer Success and/or Product Marketing role
- Marketing or related field experience with SaaS products
- Proven ability to understand and communicate solutions based on customer research, understanding of needs and customer behaviour
- Experience with competitive research, creating battlecards and competitive sales enablement resources
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to manage expectations and keep projects on track
- Ability to develop product messaging and customer communications based on values, customer analysis and cultural context
- Experience in developing and executing communication strategies across variety of channels: email, chat, SMS, web and social
- Ability to develop insights based on quantitative customer data and build solutions to address customer dynamics and drive user activation and satisfaction
- Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills
- Experience with marketing tools such as marketing automation platforms, messaging platforms, analytics and project management solutions
- Start-up culture with an opportunity to make an impact in your role and our team immediately
- Excellent on-the-job learning opportunities to grow your skills
- Competitive pay, benefits and a slice of the pie (aka - stock options)
- 4 weeks vacation plus statutory holidays
- Support from a diverse and highly talented team to help you reach your goals
- Flexibility to work from home and the office
- Join a friendly, progressive team who like to organize fun activities and celebrate all-round awesomeness!
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations