Position title: Communications Officer
Reports to: Chief Electoral Officer
Employee status: Term, Appointed
Length of term: November 2021 - March 2022
Hours per week: 5 hrs per week (Nov to Dec) to 15 hrs per week (Jan to Mar)
Compensation: Tier 1
The Communications Officer (CO) oversees all promotions of the AMS Elections, building up as much interest as possible, especially during the election period. They will be the face of our social media, drive as many students as possible to cast their votes and run as a candidate. The AMS Elections is an independent, autonomous committee of six students that oversees elections and referendums for all students!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates plain language resources to facilitate engagement in electoral processes
- Develops a social media strategy to reach all students
- Creates and edits ?stories? and other short videos to post on TikTok and Instagram
- Brainstorms new marketing opportunities and campaigns to encourage participation
- Organizes collaborations with other campus voices, including media outlets, clubs, and societies to implement promotional opportunities Skills and Qualifications
- Be a currently registered student of UBC Vancouver
- Cannot be currently in a position where there may be a conflict of interest*
- Ability to attend weekly meetings, with frequent meetings from January to March
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member
- Understanding of the importance of committing to impartiality and confidentiality
- Careful attention to detail
- Upbeat, fun, and outgoing personality and knowledge of TikTok trends are assets
- Cannot be a candidate in the elections for AMS executives, constituencies (faculty groups), the Board of Governors, the Senate, the Ubyssey and the Student Legal Fund Society. Cannot be a member of the AMS Council, an Associate Vice-President of the AMS, an AMS Service Coordinator, or an executive of any constituency. Cannot be holding any position to which they have been appointed by (or in which they report to) the AMS Council, an AMS Executive, the Managing Director, the Student Services Manager, or anyone in the preceding list.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by clicking the "Apply Now" button below.
Application deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, apply ASAP to ensure your application is considered
The Alma Mater Society of UBC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite all qualified candidates to apply online with their resume and cover letter. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive at the AMS, we are only able to contact those we are interested in interviewing and cannot reply to email/phone/walk-in inquiries regarding application