Cash Casino LP was recently acquired by a new ownership group and is undertaking a transformation and modernization of its casino businesses located in Calgary and Red Deer. We are an Alberta based, family-owned business looking to grow our casino's team. Our current locations include Cash Casino Calgary, Cash Casino Red Deer and ACE Casino Calgary. Plans are underway for construction of a brand-new casino facility located at the Calgary International Airport.
In this exciting, interactive, and collaborative role, the Guest Experience & Marketing Manager will develop and implement Cash Casino's marketing strategy for the Calgary and Red Deer casino locations as well as provide leadership to our Guest Experience team.
Cash and ACE Casinos are primed for growth and needs a true leader who is not afraid to go beyond the scope of a typical marketing role. If you thrive in a dynamic environment, love to interact with clients and staff, and have a passion to be an integral part of an inspired and motivated leadership team this is the opportunity for you.
Marketing Manager key responsibilities include:
- Oversees the service standards of the marketing department to ensure standards are met or exceeded;
- Maintains current knowledge of promotions, events, products, and general information relating to all facets of the business where there is guest interaction;
- Produces, communicates and manages a 12-month promotion and event calendar for entertainment and promotions.
- Responsible for social media marketing, liaising between department leads and the company's third-party graphic design company, posting advertisements throughout the casino properties and managing digital signage within the properties;
- Recognizes and organizes the development of business opportunities; builds relationships with key clients, local business, organizations, and their local community leaders';
- Implements marketing promotions for the brand; proactively seek opportunities to improve and strengthen Cash Casino and ACE's brand communication through digital storytelling, contests, and other marketing avenues;
- Develops metrics to ensure all marketing programs produce a positive return on investment (ROI);
- Creates, posts, and publishes compelling content on the company's social media outlets and website (primarily Facebook, Instagram, Google, etc.);
- Seeks out new marketing resources, monitors trends and test out new social media outlets;
- Acts as the MC for special events and announces major promotions and prize giveaways;
- Monitors and provides feedback on the Loyalty Program.
Guest Experience key responsibilities include:
- Ensures that a high level of performance and customer service is maintained and takes advantage of all opportunities to improve upon both:
- Engages with guests and staff to obtain feedback on service;
- Ensures guest requests, concerns and expectations are addressed and fulfilled;
- Proactively managing repeat requests by changing processes as needed.
- Builds strategies to improve processes, customer service, team morale and department standards;
- Works in collaboration with team members to ensure participation in company initiatives and effective communication occurs by receiving feedback about events, promotions, customer experience, and operational challenges and successes;
- Drives excellence in the casino's overall customer experience program;
- Acts as the customer experience ambassador by providing outstanding customer experience on the casino floor.
- Seeks to improve the guest experience for all new, returning, guests and VIP clientele.
- Manages social media engagement; develops communication templates and guidelines, and monitors systems to ensure guidelines are being adhered to.
Budgeting, planning and monitoring marketing initiatives:
- Responsible for drafting and managing marketing and guest services department budget;
- obtains appropriate approval for marketing initiatives before execution; works with finance to track costs to date and against the approved budget;
- Ensures department initiatives are coordinated with department and casino staff and communicates internally to ensure that the team is knowledgeable of all promotions and events;
- Support department leads to develop the event and promotional marketing materials;
- Facilitate communication regarding upcoming events and marketing initiatives;
Direct report and team management:
- Manages the labour budget and schedule of marketing and guest services direct reports;
- Ensures that policies and procedures are followed;
- Manages performance of direct reports including mentoring, training, appraising performance, providing positive and corrective feedback, coaching, and administering discipline; handles payroll and human resources issues for staff members;
- Monitors guest services financial transactions, ensure paperwork is completed and deposits are undertaken;
- Holds meetings with guest experience staff as applicable and communicates issues, concerns and feedback to/from casino management.
Travel is required to Red Deer on a bi-weekly basis. Maintaining a presence at all locations is essential for role success.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Marketing, preferably in the hospitality or entertainment industry.
- College diploma in Marketing, Graphic Design, or related field. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Comfortable and experienced using online resources and social media outlets such as, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, and Google Business.
- Strong communication skills with a desire to interact and speak frequently with the public.
- Experience with graphic design software is an asset, but not essential.
- Ability to strictly adhere to multiple deadlines and work well under pressure in order to meet organizational goals.
- Comfortable using a computer and the MS Office Suite (MS Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint).
- Experience with managing online marketing campaigns through Google My Business, Facebook and Instagram advertising platforms is an asset.
- Experience with updating website content on WordPress and Drupal based websites is an asset.
- Excellent communicator; both verbal and written.
- Proven leadership skills - able to direct and supervise staff.
- Demonstrates and promotes teamwork.
- Ability to multi-task, organize workload and work under pressure.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to handle high-pressure situations.
- Creative, innovative, and self-motivated.
- Proven to be detail-oriented, reliable, punctual, efficient, and diligent in duties and responsibilities.
- Effective public speaking skills and presence.
- Ability to work all shifts, weekends, holidays, and special events as needed.
This role requires a clear criminal record check.
Competitive compensation will be based on experience and education. Compensation includes individual and family health, life insurance and dental benefits.