Viking is seeking experienced Technical Writers to join the Customer Service and Product Support (CSPS) division in Calgary and Victoria.
Viking Air Limited (a subsidiary of Longview Aviation Capital) is the global leader in utility aircraft services and manufacturer of Series 400 and Guardian 400 Twin Otter Aircraft. In 2020, Viking celebrated their 50th anniversary. Viking is the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Type Certificate holder for all out-of-production De Havilland Canada aircraft and the Canadair Amphibious Aerial Firefighting aircraft fleet.
Longview Aviation Capital, through its subsidiaries, holds the Type Certificates for the entire original product line of the De Havilland Aircraft of Canada Company. Together these companies continue to make strides in manufacturing and modernizing versatile, fuel efficient and environmentally responsible turboprop aircraft for use around the world.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic, this role is eligible for a Temporary Remote Work Agreement under Vikings Remote Work Policy.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
The Technical Writer reports to the Technical Publications Coordinator and the primary purpose of this role is to:
- Supports the production, verification and distribution of all Manual Revisions and Temporary Revisions to ensure the integrity and the quality of the Product Service Manuals/Publications.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and validate aircraft technical documentation.
- Create, develop, plan, and write aircraft technical manuals using industry standard writing and publishing software
- Create operational, instructional, maintenance and test procedures for paper, multimedia, or web-based publication delivery
- Perform editorial review of technical manuals for accuracy and consistency to industry standards
- Coordinate updates and changes to aircraft technical documents with internal Engineering, Technical Support and Continuing Airworthiness representatives
- R2E / Continual Improvement:
- Actively participate in Viking's Runway 2 Excellence (R2E) program.
- Assist in the development of standard work for all division activities respecting Lean principles.
- Understand metrics that measure key performance parameters.
- Strive to achieve world class levels of customer service in every interaction our clients have with Viking.
EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Five (5) years relevant experience in technical writing and publications
- Proficiency and extensive experience in writing technical documentation in English. Relevant degree or diploma is an asset.
- Proficiency with industry-standard writing and publishing software and technologies; Arbortext, FrameMaker, Acrobat etc.
- Good knowledge of structured content authoring in SGML and XML is an asset
- Experience with writing Simplified Technical English (STE) is an asset
- Basic understanding of S1000D and ATA specifications
- Experience with image/illustration editing software
- Experience in aviation industry, aircraft maintenance, operations, production
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong willingness to learn
WHY JOIN VIKING AIR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PRODUCT SUPPORT
- Paid day off for your birthday
- Vacation in your first year of employment
- RSP matching program
- Competitive salary
- 100% employer paid benefits for medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Comprehensive virtual onboarding program
- Opportunity to join an entrepreneurial team of engineers committed to solving customer problems.
- Career growth opportunities throughout the Longview Aviation Capital group of companies
- Professional development Viking supports employees career development with opportunities to attend aerospace specific training courses and events.
We thank all candidates for applying, however; only selected applicants will be contacted.