Are you an enthusiastic team leader with strong decision-making and organizational skills?
Do you have experience in residential property management and want to build a career with one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada?
If this is you, come join our community as a Community Manager.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Community Manager leads property staff, ensures performance goals for the community are met, work orders are completed, common ground areas are maintained, handles all daily property management requirements and addresses any land lease inquiries or concerns. This role is ideally suited for someone residing in the Brooks, Alberta, area as travel to communities located nearby is required.
- Operate the community and establish and maintain the community rules and regulations
- Perform office administration including receiving POs, creating requisition orders and budgets, recording and depositing rent, managing petty cash, reviewing accounts receivable and generating weekly reports
- Manage work orders, communicate it to the maintenance team and follow up any outstanding requests
- Maintain an awareness of local economic and housing market conditions
- Train and supervise staff, as required.
- Work with contractors/vendors to ensure all jobs are complete
- Inspect common areas and all infrastructure to eliminate any potential hazards and maintain a safe working environment.
- Make sure homes are disconnected and moved in accordance to policy and the law.
- Perform general maintenance duties including painting, pruning trees, cutting grass, road cleaning and repairs, and replacing burnt light bulbs.
Tenant Duties: *
- Strive for as close as possible to 100% occupancy in the community.
- Communicate with homeowners about leases, rent deferrals, and lease termination, as well as resolve any complaints.
- Create tenant notices for payment of rent, lease termination/evictions, garbage removal, etc.
- Meet with various relevant associations (tenant/regulatory bodies).
- Responsible for completion of tenant lease process.
- Aid in the organization and implementation of tenant appreciation and social events, such as BBQs, off site trips, Bingo nights, etc.
Qualifications : *
- 5 years' relevant experience in similar line of work. Residential property management and mechanical experience is an asset.
- Proficient with MS Office, especially Outlook, Word and Excel. SAP knowledge is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to demonstrate a responsible and positive attitude.
- A genuine interest in customer service, helping and working with homeowners.
- Ability to communicate well and establish relationships with colleagues and residents.
- Available to work on call for after hour emergencies when required.
- Valid driver's license, clean driver abstract, reliable, insured means of transportation to and between work locations may be required for some locations.
Compensation and Benefits: *
- Competitive Base Salary
- Paid Vacation
- Flexible Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Employee Savings Plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Plan
- Learning & Professional Development
Location: 165 Wildrose Ct. W, Brooks, AB
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations