JOB ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Communications Specialist Sr will participate in the development of internal and external communications strategies, initiatives and activities for Mosaic and the North America Business. Please be advised that this is a Temporary/Seasonal position that can last 12 -15mths.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Participate in the development of communications for internal and external use, supporting a variety of initiatives across multiple channels. Responsibilities will include developing communication plans, drafting specialized messaging dealing with crisis and issues facing the business. Using a variety of communications tools including electronic newsletters, preparing presentations and employee-specific messages using PowerPoint and electronic eScreen software, using content management software to create compelling web stories, managing the editorial calendars for the department, offering executive communication support as needed.
Provide support for various communications activities, which can include assisting with external communications, community relations, vendor relations, video and photography logistics, etc.
Miscellaneous Public Affairs projects and duties as assigned.
EDUCATION - DEGREE
EDUCATION - FIELD OF STUDY
Communications, Journalism, English, Public Relations , Marketing
EXPERIENCE - YEARS & TYPE
- 5+ years of experience in a public relations agency or corporate public relations department.
- Strong writing and editing skills (must follow AP style)
- Must have the ability to craft communications for a variety of stakeholders
- Experience developing and implementing communication plans.
- Experience working across multiple communication channels
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Self-confident and strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including excellent facilitation and listening skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly professional demeanor and must have diplomacy skills
- Ability to create effective partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and decisiveness
- Ability to travel within U.S., Canada as needed
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Divvy or another digital editorial calendar
- Experience with digital communication tools (marketing cloud, etc)
- Experience with content management software
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus