We are looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant to provide support in our Toronto office! Please note this position is remote and the hours are 4:30 to midnight (Monday to Friday). This position forms part of our Administrative Services after-hours support team.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience (or a combination of education and experience, ideally in a law firm environment), will exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, and the ability to balance multiple priorities while working in a team environment. We provide extensive training and learning resources/support.
- Legal Document Management & Production
- legal agreements (revise, format, troubleshoot, cross-reference/bookmark, blackline, etc.)
- prospectus, due diligence, reports/binders and closing agendas
- mail merges, organize/download data rooms
- electronic signature packages, digital transcriptions
- General Admin Support
- including work logging, email management and phone support
- Client File Management & Practice Activities
- file opening, audit enquiries, electronic closing books, Closing Folders, transaction closings, etc.
- Litigation Support
- Accounts & Billing Support
- Special Projects
Knowledge and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience working as Legal Administrative Assistant (or a combination of education and experience)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- MOS Certification in Word will be required to be completed prior to the end of the first year of employment
- Able to learn and utilize various software programs utilized by the Firm
- Comfortable in an environment of continuous learning with on-going formal and self learning opportunities
- Solution oriented, resourceful with sound judgement in order to make informed decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to use discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Solid organization and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to producing quality work
- Professional, responsive, friendly, and able to build productive relationships
Please Note: Our firm has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all firm members to be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine. You will not be asked to disclose your vaccination status during the interview process. If you are offered employment, you will find a vaccination clause in your offer of employment providing that prior to commencing any employment with the Firm, you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccination. The Firm will make reasonable accommodation efforts if you cannot be vaccinated due to medical, religious, or other grounds to the extent protected by applicable human rights legislation.
Stikeman Elliott is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.