Reporting to the Director, Corporate and Internal Communications, you will play a crucial role in developing innovative communications strategies to support the organization's transformation and the development of its major projects.
- Develop internal communications initiatives in partnership with multiple internal departments to promote complex projects or initiatives;
- Develop dynamic and innovative ways to inform employees about all company activities;
- Ensure alignment of communication practices and processes to support the company's cultural transformation and resulting changes;
- Support an agile, proactive and customized communications approach in order to better meet the needs of your internal customers (units/sectors);
- Stimulate employee engagement by developing approaches that promote content-rich, two-way storytelling (develop the editorial approach, produce, write, adapt and revise content);
- Ensure the implementation of new communication tools at VIA and ensure their subsequent update;
- Review and evolve the company's current internal tools and channels to better adapt them to the needs and operational realities of employees;
- Team and budget management;
- Develop, plan and oversee the organization of various events to encourage employee buy-in and recognition;
- Optimize and develop indicators to measure the impact of internal communication strategies, i.e. the understanding and adherence of all employees in order to readjust as needed.
- University degree in communications or other related field (Master's degree an asset);
- 8 years of experience in internal/corporate communications;
- Excellent command of French and English, both oral and written (bilingualism is essential);
- Experience in managing a team;
- Demonstrated experience in project management;
- Experience in developing a company intranet;
- Experience in developing a Digital Asset Management System (asset);
- Demonstrated experience in communication in the context of organizational transformation;
- Availability for occasional travel within Canada;
- Availability for occasional evening and weekend work.
The candidate can be establish in Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver
- Act as a resource person for your colleagues and peers;
- Communicate effectively with all players in the organization, at all hierarchical level;
- Act as a change agent ready to debate, defend and convince teams and senior management of the best approach to take;
- Use your skills to maintain your internal networks and work collaboratively to gain their input and support for the projects/initiatives for which you are responsible;
- An ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and respond well to pressure;
- An analytical, synthetic and conceptual mindset;
- Initiative, autonomy, curiosity, creativity and flexibility;
- Meticulousness and rigor;
- Advanced knowledge of Office 365 tools.
The advantages of working for VIA Rail:
- A workplace who fosters health and well-being for all our employees.
- A wide range of health and wellness benefits for you and your family, including an unlimited access to a telemedicine service.
Conditions of Employment:
- VIA Rail is committed to protecting the health and providing a safe environment for its employees and customers. Therefore, in accordance with current policy, VIA Rail requires that all members of its staff be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof as a condition of employment.