Staff - Union
Job CategoryCUPE 2950
JOB PROFILECUPE 2950 Salaried - Editorial Asst (Jrnls) (Gr7)
Job TitleDigital Marketing Editorial Assistant
DEPARTMENTMarketing | Communications I Dean's Office | Faculty of Forestry
Compensation Range$4,009.00 - $4,214.00 CAD Monthly
Posting End DateNovember 2, 2021
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the Posting End Date above.
Job End Date
The Digital Marketing Editorial Assistant will provide senior administrative and technical assistance to the marketing and communications activities at the University of British Columbia, Faculty of Forestry. The position's role is integral in helping UBC Forestry promote our six undergraduate, seven graduate, and two certificate programs as well as research, and initiatives through the development and implementation of related social media.
This position reports primarily to the Marketing and Communications Manager who works closely with the rest of the Forestry Communications and Marketing team, Students Services and International Programs office. The Marketing and Communications Manager reports to the Assistant Dean, Communications.
- Supporting and organizing UBC Forestry digital marketing campaigns, which run year-round.
- Drafting and posting social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, LinkedIn) in accordance with the UBC Forestry's social media strategy for a range of audiences and contexts.
- Monitoring social media outlets and coordinating the production of appropriate media materials.
- Copyediting, proofreading, and collecting content and assets as needed for social media, online marketing and print, including production of updates to Forestry web pages.
- Provide editorial and design assistance for both digital marketing and print promotional materials; such as web page design and content creation, social slides, digital signage, presentations, infographics, posters and the coordination of review processes.
- Compiling campaign reports and accessing digital media results.
- Working to ensure content on Forestry website is current/relevant and aligned with initiatives relating to marketing campaigns.
- Provide technical branding and style assistance to faculty and staff to ensure compliance with UBC Forestry policies and marketing guidelines across all materials.
- Liaising with faculty, staff, students, and external partners/units in the coordination, management, and logistics of photo and video shoots for social media campaigns.
- Assistance with social media photography and video editing.
- Monitors quality and consistency of digital marketing and print materials.
- Performing analysis and research on industry trends.
- Other work as required.
Consequence of Error/Judgement
Online platforms are a key component to information flow, both internal to the Faculty and the outside community. Additionally, the Faculty of Forestry's websites serve as important tools for marketing and recruitment, and there is a significant dependence of instructors and students on online delivery of content. Therefore, the accuracy and timeliness of information delivered has a direct impact upon student recruitment, enrolment and the Faculty's global brand and reputation.
This position will report to the Marketing and Communications Manager.
The position will supervise a Work Learn student.
High School graduation, plus Bachelors Degree, plus two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge (education and experience) - other than the boilerplate . High School graduation, plus Bachelors Degree, plus two years of related experience
OR An equivalent combination of education and experience - please add
To be successful in this role, the following qualifications are required:
- Experience with social media platforms (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, TicTok) and social media management platforms (ie. Sprout Social)
- Proficiency in design software or web-based design tools (i.e. Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, Lumen5)
- Strong knowledge of marketing best practices and trends
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong knowledge and experience in design for web, print and interactive
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud
- Ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills
- Professionalism and good judgement
- Flexibility to adjust to changing work plans and deadlines
- Creativity and enthusiasm