Position Level: People Leader
Department: Fundraising Department/ Digital Unit
Position Status: Permanent
Activity Rate: 100% (Full time)
Location: Toronto or Montreal
Salary Grade: Level D on the MSF Canada Salary Grid, $79,057 per year (non-negotiable)
Status: Must be legally entitled to work in Canada (MSF Canada will assist a successful candidate in acquiring such status, including supporting a spouse/common law partner and/or child (unmarried and under 22) for dependent visa status. While MSF Canada will work within its means to secure immigration status for a selected candidate, the success of an immigration application depends on many factors based on the Government of Canada’s rules and regulations. Neither the timing of an application, nor the ultimate outcome, can be guaranteed by MSF Canada or its outside immigration counsel.)
Benefits: Health Spending Account, Lifestyle Spending Account, group insurance (Life, Dependent Life, AD&D), Peace of Mind plan (i.e. prescription drugs, accidental dental, hospital care, etc.), 5% RRSP contributions (no matching required), starting 4 weeks’ Vacation/year, flexible work hours, annual professional development budget, Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), free access to internal Psychosocial Care Unit Services and a positive and innovative office culture grounded in our core values of humanity, integrity and results. MSF Canada offers relocation packages covering costs for temporary accommodation, food allowance, travel costs and movement of household goods up to one month’s salary depending on where the candidate is relocating from.
The Digital Fundraising Manager is responsible for supporting direct response digital fundraising activities designed to acquire, convert, reactivate, and welcome new monthly and one-time donors as well as retain, engage, and steward existing monthly and one-time donors. This role is also responsible for managing relationships with a number of digital vendors who help plan and execute various fundraising campaigns. The Digital Fundraising Manager will collaborate with MSF Canada’s Communications Department and will work closely with the Senior Manager for Direct Marketing and Donor Engagement, Senior Manager of Philanthropy, and Loyalty Manager to execute the digital acquisition annual plan, the digital loyalty annual plan, and support strategic fundraising plan goals. They will also directly manage the Digital Fundraising Officer(s) and Digital Fundraising Coordinator to help execute these goals.
- Working with the Mass Marketing and Philanthropy teams, support the development and execution of digital fundraising campaigns aimed at both acquisition of new one-time and monthly donors as well as maintaining the annual fund of regular and one-time donors.
- Manage digital fundraising suppliers/vendors and staff members (Digital Fundraising Officer(s) and Digital Fundraising Coordinator) to lead digital campaigns including email, digital advertising, and social media as required.
- Propose and develop adjustments to the digital acquisition strategy to achieve fundraising goals, and actively participate in identifying campaign themes to support acquisition campaign content.
- In collaboration with the Loyalty unit, support email campaigns including strategy, creative content, and project management.
- In collaboration with the Loyalty unit, support MSF’s symbolic giving catalogue by providing strategic and creative guidance, project management, and working with digital vendors and staff.
- Stay abreast of MSF Canada’s brand guidelines and ensure digital fundraising activities adhere to these standards.
- Support other fundraising units with their digital projects and campaigns were required.
- Support the communications team with other digital projects as required.
Please CLICK HERE for complete description.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Digital fundraising strategy, execution, and analysis; Advanced skills in digital social engagement, online campaign development and implementation, online collaboration, digital acquisition campaigns, and knowledge of the donor journey, website strategy development and social media engagement tools and channels.
- Digital Vendor Management; Strong project management skills, with the ability to turn complex projects into clear and manageable workplans, timelines, and deliverables; and analytics skills, with the ability to oversee technical contracts and content production for web and social media
- People Management and Leadership; Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, working with multiple stakeholders
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles; The commitment to provide medical assistance to populations in distress, observing the principles of humanitarian action and medical ethics, and the willingness to direct their interest and behaviours towards the social mission of MSF. Proficiency Level 2: Demonstrates loyalty, awareness and respect for MSF’s values
- Teamwork and Cooperation; Implies collaboration, sharing and cooperating with others, to work together towards a common goal. Proficiency Level 3: Encourages, engages, and motivates people to work as a team
- Planning and organizing; The ability to prioritise and set lines of action, optimising resources (material, human, financial, temporal, etc.), ensuring that anticipated results are obtained by means of efficient management of their own and colleagues’ work and that assigned responsibilities and functions are always clear. Proficiency level 2: Enables others to organize.
- Results and Quality Orientation; The drive and tenacity to achieve the defined objectives and to implement efficient solutions within a set timeframe, with the given resources and in accordance with the established procedures and models; the will to constantly seek improvement in the performance of his/her own tasks and actions. Proficiency Level 2: Works towards objectives, preserving established standards.
- Cross-cultural Awareness; The capacity to acknowledge, respect and integrate cultural differences in a way that facilitates the achievement of MSF’s objectives. Proficiency Level 3: Demonstrates an integrating attitude.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Professional experience in the areas of digital fundraising, digital marketing, or digital communications.
- 3-5 years’ experience in people management roles with cross functional teams, and demonstrated ability to develop team members and manage large, complex budgets.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills with attention to detail
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND LANGUAGES
- Education or training in digital fundraising, digital marketing, digital communications, or a related field
- Proficient in English, with strong copy-editing skills
- Proficiency in French an asset
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office applications
Accepting application until the position is filled. Only electronic applications will be accepted.
We encourage applications from individuals who self-identify as belonging to equity-seeking groups such as (but not limited to): Indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, or women.
NOTE: Any questions or concerns regarding accommodation and accessibility may be addressed by calling 1-800-982-7903.