Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
As a senior marketing advisor, you help develop and update the organization's products and services to meet member/client needs and support business development. You analyze market needs and develop and implement product and service marketing strategies.
You lead and influence planning and development projects, feasibility studies, and complex, highly innovative strategic interventions involving multiple sectors. You help develop and recommend strategic directions and business positions. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your field.
You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in a wide range of other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.
You serve as expert advisor and subject matter expert, as well as resource person and coach for senior management and decision-making bodies.
General Information on the Position Main Responsibilities
- Identifies issues and explores business opportunities, defines priorities and devises a development and growth strategy for the product offer or client distribution network
- Positions and develops strategies and action plans to carry out the business plan in line with the integrated Desjardins offer
- Develops the business plan and ensures the strategies are consistent with the action plans to develop the offer and defines business objectives
- Develops, optimizes and ensures the profitable growth of the overall offer to attain and secure Desjardins's competitive target industry position
- Tracks results, measures performance, recommends and applies strategies to attain business objectives and maximize growth and profitability of the integrated offer
- Develops and implements solutions, positioning and strategies to support the teams involved to achieve the proposed strategies, achieve target business objectives, maximize growth and satisfy clients' needs
- Monitors market trends and the competition's offers
- Represents his or her business unit before the various partners and negotiates, as applicable, agreements and relevant partnerships
Other working conditions
- Workplace: Currently regular telework because of the pandemic. Position located in Lévis or Montreal, depending on the applicant selected. The work arrangement for the position is hybrid work
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Customer Focus, Differences, Nimble learning
Key competencies for the job
Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal