We seek outstanding individuals to join our dedicated administrative staff team. Become a part of our
diverse College, creating brighter futures, greater prospects and endless possibilities!
TITLE: Manager of Marketing, HOURS: 35 hours/week
Communications & Events
LOCATION: Main Campus, Belleville / Hybrid START DATE: ASAP
DEPARTMENT : External Relations and Business COMPETITION #: ADM21-07N
About Loyalist College
We're here to help students see what's great about themselves and to explore what's possible - and then
go out in the world and do it. We believe our deepest impact as a College comes from co-creating a
caring and collaborative community, being curious about each other and the world, and learning and
experimenting to discover just how powerful our students, and all of us together, can be.
If you've just looked at that paragraph and thought, ?I can make it better and market it to the world' then
this role at Loyalist College is for you.
About the Position
Loyalist College is looking for a Manager of Marketing, Communications and Events who lives and
breathes possibility and know-how. Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications,
the Director is responsible for managing the implementation and administration of College's publicity,
marketing, communications and events that advance the College's strategic priorities and external
relations. Under the guidance of the Director of Marketing and Communications, the successful candidate
will contribute to Loyalist's growth by ensuring the College maintains high visibility and reputation. This
includes clearly defining and communicating the College brand strategy and building internal and external
relationships to enhance and promote the strengths of the College. They will be providing direction to the
Marketing and Communications staff members around the creation, implementation and measurement
of a broad spectrum of strategies and tactics which advance domestic and international marketing and
corporate communications. This includes managing the promotion and events strategy and delivery.
We are actively seeking candidates who are:
Creative You take an initiative and look at it upside down, sideways and backwards and you find new
and interesting ways to take it forward.
Collaborative You know that creativity alone is not enough - you need a team to make ideas bigger
and better, and to make them happen. You have an ability to see what's possible not just with ideas,
but with people, too. You are a respectful, enthusiastic, and caring partner with internal and external
Accountable You make promises, and you keep them. And you develop and hold your team
accountable for doing the same. You measure and monitor what you and your team produce, and
always aim for excellence.
Outstanding at Your Craft You have direct experience in all forms of communication modalities and
you can provide subject matter expertise as well as an extra set of hands when needed.
Visionary You can identify and successfully articulate where it is you want to take the College and the
team while being in sync with the College's overall vision and strategy.
System Thinkers You can see the big picture and you're able to understand how different parts of a
complex, interconnected system influence each other. You're able to align and motivate these different
parts in order to execute on your vision.
Committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive community and culture You are informed about
and committed to building a culture where we proactively work to provide opportunities for those
individuals and groups who have traditionally struggled against oppression, exclusion, hate, violence,
and harm. You hold yourself and others accountable for noticing, naming, and acting against these
patterns and for pro-actively creating accessible opportunities and support.
? Develop and manage a comprehensive domestic and international College brand marketing and
communications strategy, related tactics and processes to increase enrolment and advance the
College's mission, vision and values.
- Collaborate with schools, departments and business units on their marketing and recruitment interests to ensure alignment with corporate goals and priorities.
- Develop and manage a fully integrated marketing and communications team and collective strategy to support the College's strategic objectives.
- Manage the development of all aspects of domestic and international multimedia communications and recruitment materials to advance the College brand
- Deliver multi-platform multi-media content and marketing services (print publications, advertisements, corporate videos, web and corporate social media presences and digital and in-
person events in a variety of formats).
- Deliver creative design services including all necessary graphics, photography/videography, text, web-based sites, social media sites, etc. to accomplish departmental and College goals as
- Cultivate and maintain a working relationship with domestic and international media representatives to enhance press coverage and establish the reputation of the College and the high quality of
College programs and facilities
- Develop and lead external relations activities in support of strategic College advancement.
- Research, write, and assist members of the College's executive team in the development of news
releases, government presentations, documents and reports.
- A Degree/Diploma in Arts, Business Administration, Marketing or Public Relations
- 5-7 years' experience with progressive levels of responsibility for marketing, planning and
execution, with a proven record of writing, editing, developing creative communications in print,
web and digital platforms for multiple audiences
- Highly qualified, creative and dynamic manager with diplomatic skills, foresight and sound business judgement
- Proven ability to deal professionally with conflict management and ability to proactively and reactively make well-considered decisions
- High level of confidence, professionalism and collegial demeanour
- Detail oriented to ensure accurate and reliable implementation of marketing and communications
- Mentoring skills, guiding and educating the College community supportively
- Specialized knowledge required in the principles and practices of public relations, marketing,
sales, design, communications, publishing and print applications; and
- Demonstrated ability to work cohesively with a wide-range of constituents: faculty, staff, students,
business and industry representatives, government officials, media, suppliers, the general public
and other educational institutions with proven leadership skills to establish integrated marketing
and communications strategies
TO APPLY: Applications must be submitted quoting the competition # ADM21-07N in the email
subject line. Please send a covering letter and a resume in MS Word or PDF format to:
Human Resources Services
E-mail via Isarta
Loyalist College is committed to creating a safe and healthy campus for all staff and students.
Effective November 1, 2021 all staff and students who visit, work or study on campus must be fully
vaccinated. An individual is considered fully vaccinated fourteen (14) days after the administration of
the second of two Health Canada approved vaccinations. Exemptions for medical or religious/creed
reasons under the Human Rights Code must be obtained through Loyalist College's formal exemption
process. For more information on Loyalist's Vaccination Policy and Exemption Forms please visit
COVID-19 Information Centre : Loyalist College.
Loyalist is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive college community. We encourage and
welcome applications from marginalized and equity seeking groups. Loyalist College is committed to
accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you have accommodation
needs, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an email to
Please note: Following an offer of employment, candidates with Canadian credentials will be required
to provide official transcripts from the granting educational institution(s); candidates with
international credentials must provide World Education Services (WES) www.wes.org/ca evaluation (at
their own cost) confirming Canadian equivalency of their credentials.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.