The Axis Insurance Group dares to be Elite. We strive to be the best in our industry, helping people protect what matters most to them. We innovate. We collaborate. We push ourselves, and one another, to be more than we were the day before. To work with us means approaching each day with a passion for what you do, knowing that you make a difference - to your clients, to your colleagues, to yourself.
We're looking for people who are continuously growing - from Good to Great, from Great to Elite.
We're looking for you.
As an HR Coordinator/In-House Recruiter, a typical day might include:
- Posting job listings for open positions within the organization
- Vetting candidates against established criteria
- Actively sourcing candidates through LinkedIn, the Insurance Council of BC website, internal referrals, job fairs, and other networking activities
- Arranging and facilitating initial telephone screening interviews
- Conducting pre-hire reference checks on candidates
- Assisting the Human Resources team with administrative tasks and projects, as required
You are passionate about:
- Providing friendly, professional service
- Making a positive difference to those around you
- Sharing ideas and working with a great team of proactive, innovative thinkers
- Learning, growing, and pushing past barriers
- Living with integrity
- Taking ownership of your work and actions
You're outstanding at:
- Building relationships - YOU are a people person!
- Staying on top of priorities ... YOU know every deadline and live by your To-Do list!
- Paying attention to the little things that make a big difference ... YOU dot your I's, cross your T's, and check all your boxes to make sure it's done right ... the first time!
- Managing your time ... even with deadlines looming, YOU keep your cool, knowing you've got this!
- Proactively getting stuff done ... YOU follow up and follow through!
- Gong above and beyond to ensure an exceptional experience ... YOU know that you are the first impression of our organization and you strive to make it a good one!
- Keen interest in Human Resources (experience in an HR role an asset)
- Pro-active, can-do attitude
- Defined and demonstrated sense of urgency
What's in it for YOU?
- Fun! From hybrid work options to team-building events, contests, and giveaways, we believe that a happy team makes a happy workplace!
- Career potential & leadership opportunities. We pride ourselves on training and mentoring for success.
- Competitive Employee Benefits Plan. The Axis Group has customized medical, dental, long-term disability, AD&D, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance coverage for your & your family.
- Work/Life Balance. Our offices operate 8:30am - 4:30pm, so no evenings or weekends. And we offer competitive vacation time and flex work options, meaning more time for you to get out and do YOU.
We're excited to meet YOU!
The Axis Insurance Group is committed to fostering a culture of mutual respect and inclusion, recognizing that our success is enhanced by diversity. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain top talent from a diverse candidate pool.