Nombre de postes à pourvoir :1
Pay$70,782.00 - $127,449.00
Description du poste :
Do you have a passion for designing and delivering high quality, innovative customer events and experiences? Reporting to the Senior Director, Integrated Marketing & Operations, you will lead all aspects of a very robust and varied events program at the LCBO for both live in-person and virtual events. You will also lead an events team, and together, drive the successful execution of a program that supports the LCBO's brand, sales, and marketing strategies.
If you enjoy bringing the customer experience to life in unique ways, building lifetime customer loyalty, and making every moment great, then this is the role for you!
About the Role
- Develop an event marketing strategy that delivers on our corporate priorities and our ambition to provide remarkable customer experiences.
- Lead the execution of in-store consumer events, including high-profile celebrity appearances, retail grand opening consumer celebrations and campaign-based enhanced tastings; external consumer events including exclusive premium dinners and large tasting events; virtual events; corporate events; community events, and many more.
- Lead the execution of and drive innovation, growth and awareness of the virtual event program.
- Accountable for all team deliverables in support of the design and execution of all events, including sourcing and managing all vendors and resources required to achieve the event vision.
- Accountable for setting/adhering to annual and individual event budgets. Establishes targets for event ticket sales and ensures sales and profitability targets are achieved.
- Responsible for driving awareness and customer acquisition for events and outlines requirements for event promotion including instore, email, social media, search, and influencer partnerships.
- Lead post-event analysis, providing an overview of consumer, partner and internal feedback, performance of event KPI's and identify new opportunities to drive excellence in the event experience.
- Establish strong cross-functional working relationships and effectively collaborate with a broad range of internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Proactively identify and anticipate customer expectations/needs and act as an advocate for the customer by placing them at the forefront of all decisions.
- Post-secondary education in business, hospitality, communications/marketing and/or equivalent industry training.
- 7+ years of significant working experience in same/similar role
- Project Management (PMP), Event Planning Certification
- Event Marketing/Management Diploma
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills along with professional and collaborative work style.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; shown ability to set priorities, meet changing deadlines, supervise, and mentor and empower staff, develop talent, and work independently.
- Attendance at most events is required, along with working outside of core hours (evenings and weekends) and at offsite locations, including occasional attendance outside of the GTA
There is a world of opportunities at the LCBO...
Join an organization where you can be challenged while achieving your true potential. A place where you can make a positive impact supporting Ontario business and communities. Discover a safe, healthy, diverse, inclusive, and accountable workplace where your wellbeing is our top priority. At the LCBO, your contributions are respected and valued. Be part of our journey as we invest in people and technology to transform an organization. There really is a world of opportunities at the LCBO.
We foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, so everyone feels valued, respected, and heard. The LCBO is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an interview or employment opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation.
Please submit your resume via Workday by 11:59pm on the deadline date. We appreciate your interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Heures de travail :36.25
Syndiqué / Non syndiqué :Non-Union
Date de clôture du concours :January 24, 2022
La LCBO est un employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Elle s'engage à offrir des mesures d'adaptation conformément au Code des droits de la personne de l'Ontario et à la Loi de 2005 sur l'accessibilité pour les personnes handicapées de l'Ontario.