Date Posted: 01/11/2022
Req ID: 22146
Faculty/Division: Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering
Department: Engineering Career Centre
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
The Engineering Career Centre (ECC) connects University of Toronto students with meaningful professional experiences that provide a solid foundation for successful careers and life-long learning. In addition to hosting a wide range of professional development workshops, events and services throughout the year, the ECC team runs a work-integrated learning program to connect engineering students with a wide range of industry opportunities. As passionate and career-driven academic professionals, the ECC team seeks to nurture students and provide a comfortable transition from academic to professional life.
The Engineering Career Centre is an open, professional environment that fosters a culture built on respect, professionalism, goal orientation, self-motivation, accountability, excellence, and teamwork. The leadership team believes in recognizing and valuing our employees' contributions to the advancement of the department's goals while promoting a strong commitment to work-life balance among our employees.
Under the general direction of the Manager, Operations, the incumbent is responsible for supporting the Professional Experience Year (PEY) Co-op programming including student programming, employer development efforts, the PEY Edge conference, workshops, industry information sessions and career fairs.
Your responsibilities will include:
Implementing communication, marketing, and advertising plans that support outreach goals and objectives.
- Designing surveys, interviews and other research tools for program evaluation.
- Conceptualizing, organizing and executing event activities.
- Conceptualizing special events and/or functions.
- Determining logistical details and activities for events and/or programming.
- Maintaining event calendar. Promoting events and programs to target audiences.
- Delivering presentations outlining proposals to attract sponsorship opportunities.
- Handling expenses for events.
Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or hospitality management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum four years of experience implementing digital and social media communication plans.
- Experience in drafting, and producing promotional and outreach materials.
- Experience in event planning and end-to-end delivery of events.
- Experience organizing and delivering small to large scale events, such as conferences and/or exhibitions.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, HTML, Word Press, spreadsheets, databases and web (blogs, social media, email newsletters, etc.)
- Positive energy and can-do attitude.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Collaborative team player who can also work autonomously.
- Flexible and adaptable to work outside of core hours.
Familiarity with planning and delivery of student extra-curricular activities.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Problem solver
Closing Date: 01/19/2022, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget - Term
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 11 - $66,326 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $84,818. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Student Services