CloudBlue is a technology solution startup born from the need to digitally transform a multibillion-dollar enterprise. The CloudBlue platform orchestrates ecosystems for customers worldwide, including the largest B2B Cloud Marketplace in the world. We have spent 15+ years innovating and investing in digital transformation, subscriptions, and multi-level partner ecosystems. Today, hundreds of customers rely on CloudBlue to orchestrate their ecosystems and scale their businesses globally.
By joining the CloudBlue team, you'll be playing a significant role in our growth, having an opportunity to make an immediate impact on the business. Our entrepreneurial scope means we operate with the agility of a high-growth start-up, but with the confidence & backing of a Fortune 100 corporation, Ingram Micro. At CloudBlue you'll work with a diverse and multi-cultural team that spans cultures, continents, and time zones to serve our global customer base. You'll be a part of a culture that emphasizes trust, open communication, and continuous learning.
Technical and Commercial Writer, Global Cloud Services
As a master of documentation, creating clear and accurate technical documentation comes naturally to you. You are capable of explaining technical concepts in simple language and you can quickly gain competence with new software products and technologies.
The successful candidate for Technical and Commercial Writer will join CloudBlue's Global Cloud Services Product Management team, supporting and advancing the business needs of hundreds of strategic CloudBlue customers and partners through timely and actionable technical and business communications.
In an industry with rapidly accelerating needs for knowledge and timely interaction, the candidate will lead the technical and business communications from CloudBlue Product Management to make a direct and immediate impact on partner sales motions, channel velocity, operational and technical readiness, customer support and finance. The successful candidate will understand that each polished communication is an act of brand ambassadorship and an opportunity to make CloudBlue an indispensable part of the daily activities at major worldwide cloud partners.
An ambitious candidate will achieve subject mastery with key Product Managers in order to act on new circumstances swiftly, with autonomy and accountability. The ideal candidate will desire to understand all of the business mechanics and use their experience to formulate communications to varying audience types - for example , with emphasis of technical artifacts to client engineering and operations, and of commercial artifacts geared to a business audience that must comprehend the impact and imperative of change announcements in order to catalyze action for everything from business continuity, to high client satisfaction, to capturing market.
The successful candidate will feel comfortable creating, finalizing and releasing materials in a variety of cadences and formats, from in-depth quarterly and monthly cadence portfolio reviews to senior client associates, through to daily interactive media posts of key announcements and operationally impacting events with client associates in the trenches. The pace of cloud service-specific technical writing will align to the roadmaps of Senior Cloud Services Product Managers, who are in turn aligning to market forces.
A motivated and disciplined candidate will demonstrate personal organizational skills to manage multiple initiatives in a fast-paced energetic environment, and possess the technical skills to publish using a variety of channel technologies.
As CloudBlue is passionate about enabling partner success through close and trusted relationships, the successful candidate will survey partners and benchmark the timeliness, usage frequency and effectiveness of communications media, and implement changes that demonstrate CloudBlue is continuously adapting to valued partner feedback.
Supporting a high-velocity and rapidly evolving business, a candidate will feel personal ownership of market successes, and constantly seek to implement or improve processes, standards, and operational plans that will positively impact the achievement of functional results.
- Responsible for technical communications planning and execution designed to accelerate partner adoption of cloud services, increase product sales growth and expand market share.
- Owner of development, publishing and delivery of client facing technical communications with a worldwide footprint and using a variety of digital media.
- Professionally challenge and guide CloudBlue associates to prepare the most effective core content for partners and clients, based on known and learned factors.
- Accountable for aggressive technical communications adoption and satisfaction goals of cloud providers and customers
- Evaluates and adjusts strategies to respond to changing and/or competing priorities.
- Take ownership of a business span of accountability, self-develop, and utilize key performance indicators to measure success, re-vector quickly and as often as markets dictate in order to keep at the forefront.
- Consistent reporting of progress of strategic imperatives, using quantitative measures, surfaced business intelligence, and qualified statements of expertise.
- Internally recognized technical or business change agent. Uses a sense of continuous improvement and curiosity to integrate new learnings into CloudBlue's technical communications strategy
- Improve on existing processes and practices with every use iteration. Apply a broad perspective to provide innovative solutions to a variety of complex issues.
- Possesses a high level of technical expertise or business acumen to articulate technical concepts with impact. Extensive breadth and depth of knowledge arrived through exposure to emerging technological advancements or complex business situations.
- Collaborate with developers and product managers to gather the requirements you will need to create accurate documentation.
- Create client deployment guides, configuration guides and help systems for software products and Cloud services.
- Author and enhance client Knowledge Bases on a multitude of subjects.
- Rapidly prepare Announcements and Bulletins triggered by external events and factors
- Moderate interactive digital media communities with key clients
- Develop professional periodic newsletters with highlights and calls to action from throughout the portfolio
- Review product and service User Interfaces text strings to ensure desired clarity.
- Continuously improve documentation making sure it is always up to date.
- Measure and be accountable for client sentiment about all these communications, prepare and action recommendations
- Four-year post-secondary degree in an applicable field of Fine or Applied Arts, Business Administration, Product Management, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Minimum 5 years functional experience including progressive experience as a Technical Writer authoring internal and external technical documentation.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills in English.
- Ability to explain technical concepts in simple language.
- Strong editing and analytical skills.
- Keen attention to detail - ability to edit and review both existing and new documentation to ensure clarity, accuracy and quality of documentation.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with different teams across the organization.
- Ability to work with several teams, investigate, and gather information and requirements for producing thorough and technically accurate documentation.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple documentation projects.
- Experience gathering technical requirements, applying business acumen and writing for multiple audience types
- Mindset of achieving high impact client satisfaction, leading change
- Demonstrated experience with
- Skills in grooming business intelligence and visualizations out of the delivery of technical communications
Our office associates are currently returning to the office in a hybrid approach. Keeping in mind the overall health and safety of our associates and candidates, we've implemented a virtual hiring process, and continue to interview candidates by phone or video. We are onboarding new hires in a hybrid capacity.
Ingram Micro is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Specialist/Job Poster and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will try our best to make these accommodations. Please do not include any medical or health information in this email.