The Director of Communications will play an integral role in in ensuring that internal and external communications align with WES' five-year strategic plan and its business and social impact strategies. The role will have primary responsibility for internal communications and will also participate in and lead a range of activities related to using communications to amplify the organization's social impact and its role as a leading global social enterprise. This individual will build and socialize strategic narratives that enable all audiences understand the full range of WES initiatives and impact and will play a critical role in strengthening and protecting the WES brand.
Duties included but not limited to:
- Championship of effective internal communications, especially around strategic plan, change management, and DEI.
- Alignment of communications efforts and needs across borders and departments (social impact, research, marketing, HR, Transformation Office, etc.)
- Partner closely with communications leads for impact, media and public affairs
- Provide strategic counsel, guidance, and advice to colleagues on leveraging communications strategies to realize business objectives
- Develop clear communications strategies, including narratives that help communities make sense of WES' work and impact
- Advocacy for strong brand governance and effective review and workflow protocols to deliver high-quality communications products and consistent messaging
- Support for effective executive communications, including media preparation, talking points, etc.
- Tracking of and reporting on success against metrics in order to support impact evaluation and continuous improvement of communications programs and output.
- Team management to nurture and further develop talent; peer-to-peer communications support and mentorship.
- Support of issues management and crisis communications processes and output.
- Management of external benchmark and branding surveys and associated metrics.
- Editing, writing, and creation/finalization of communications materials as required.
- 5-10 years of experience in progressively senior communications roles
- Bachelor's degree in PR, journalism, or equivalent.
- Flawless writing skills.
- Proven experience managing various communications vendors - PR, Brand, writing, video, etc.
- Broad experience in internal and external communications.
- Curiosity mindset.
- Proven ability to become a trusted advisor to business leaders and other influencers at all organizational levels, based on subject matter expertise and collaborative leadership style.
- Experience developing and executing communications strategy in a global organization.
- Strong leadership, team building, influencing, change management, compliance/risk management abilities within large scale, multi-country, multi-dimensional company.
- Ability to work both strategically and hands-on to deliver results.
- Strategic and forward-thinking with strong business acumen and the ability to identify and proactively address enablers and derailers of major change and transformation initiatives.
- Proven ability to communicate and synthesize complex issues in a concise, clear, and convincing fashion.
- Experience managing a team of communications professionals.
- Experience interacting with media channels.
- Proficiency with Cision, Meltwater, Office Professional Suite, Excel, WordPress, etc.
- This position is fully remote
EOE Statement: World Education Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, World Education Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.