Built on meritocracy, our unique company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to doing what is best for our customers.
If you are looking for a fast paced, motivating, hybrid work environment with great benefits, with the opportunity to assist in the development of a new and growing team within a growing organization, you may be the exact person we are looking for!
Special Risk Insurance Managers Ltd. is currently seeking enthusiastic, driven individuals to join our Triage/ Speed Underwriting Administration Team.
This position assists in the maintenance of policy renewals in collaboration with Underwriters and presents opportunities to grow within our company.
It is suitable for a candidate with prior industry experience, looking for the opportunity to work in commercial lines and learn from our established team of experts.
Due to the ongoing circumstances with the Covid-19 pandemic, you must have the ability to work from home for the foreseeable future, with the eventual expansion to a hybrid work from home/ office model.
As an Underwriting Assistant/Renewal Underwriter
- Work collaboratively within a dynamic team structure
- Support underwriters with maintenance, and organization of files
- Perform underwriting support functions at the direction of underwriters including preparing quotes, bind confirmations, and certificates with a high degree of accuracy
- Preparing Certificates of Insurance
- Editing & formatting of documents using a variety of software & programs
- Reviewing documents for accuracy
- Maintain/ innovate administrative workflow procedures to increase efficiency
- Communicate internally with other departments via e-mail and telephone
- Communicate externally with brokers as required
- Carry out other clerical duties as required
What you bring to the team:
- Strong organization, prioritization, and time management skills to complete assignments efficiently and within structured timelines
- An eye for detail to handle policy correspondence and documents with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Positive, driven, and disciplined attitude
- Solution, problem solving oriented
- Self-motivated to meet competitive individual and team-related targets
- Strong independent work ethic
- Ability to work harmoniously in a team environment & collaborate with teammates
- Strong written language, and professional communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
What SRIM has to offer:
- A fulfilling company culture that provides personal support & mentorship, professional growth, and career advancement.
- Bonus Structure
- Company matched RRSP's
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) through our parent company Brown & Brown (BRO)
- Extended medical benefits through Canada Life
- Continuing education and professional designation subsidy
- A positive and collaborative environment; teammates are rewarded on their performance and achievement of goals.
- An environment where a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude thrives
We are an award-winning incorporated Managing General Agent (MGA) serving Canada's specialty and niche product insurance markets, offering one of the most comprehensive product lines available. Established over 20 years ago, Special Risk Insurance Managers has grown to encompass a wide range of niche and specialty products including Hard to Place Casualty & Property, High Value Residential, Sports, Leisure & Entertainment; Health & Beauty, Special Events, Inland Marine, Logging, Aviation and Marine.
Throughout our growth, we have remained true to what has enabled our success: our work culture, service to our brokers, and strong relationships with our markets.
**Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.