CLERK, PEER TO PEER FUNDRAISING (BILINGUAL)
SickKids Foundation leads the fight for The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids), one of the world’s foremost paediatric health-care institutions. Founded in 1972, SickKids Foundation is the largest charitable funder of child health research, learning and care in Canada. As a national charity, SickKids Foundation also invests in national and international initiatives to benefit children in Canada and around the world. Philanthropy is a critical source of funding for SickKids.
SickKids Foundation is committed to creating an inclusive culture where expressing your authentic self is celebrated. This includes embedding diversity and inclusion in our policies, practices, and behaviours, to build skills, knowledge and awareness of diversity and inclusion across the Foundation and with our external partners. The Foundation is committed to fostering a safe, accessible, and positive working environment.
For further information on SickKids Foundation's commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, click here to read our Diversity & Inclusion Policy and Commitment statement.
Thanks to our donors, in the fiscal year that ended March 31, 2021, SickKids Foundation raised $170 million in child health research, learning and care. We’re winning, because every day we continue to fight, and we’re committed to attracting to our team other passionate individuals who will contribute to our goal of making every kid a healthy kid. It is within this context that SickKids Foundation welcomes applications for the role of Clerk, Peer to Peer Fundraising.
POSITION STATUS: Temporary, Full-Time (3 month contract).
AVAILABLE: June 1, 2022.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
The Clerk, Peer to Peer (P2P) Fundraising with the Special Events team works to support and cultivate the development, stewardship and engagement of event participants/donors to inspire and assist them in maximizing their fundraising results. The Clerk will support the Great Cycle Challenge event, a national virtual ride held throughout the month of August. In addition, the Clerk will provide administrative support to the Special Events team as needed. The Clerk reports to Associate Director, Special Events.
- Be the first and main point of contact throughout the event experience for participants and donors;
- Conduct hundreds of outbound fundraising support and recruitment calls each week in order to execute the P2P fundraising plan;
- Support and cultivate relationships with event participants, volunteers and stakeholders;
- Identify participant stories for social media and marketing campaigns;
- Act as a fundraising ambassador by educating and inspiring event participants to increase activity and engagement, and assist participants in maximizing their fundraising goals;
- Provides exemplary customer service while responding to incoming inquiries for registering, fundraising and event details;
- Record all participant and donor interactions and information in fundraising database, to ensure data integrity;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all internal stakeholders;
- Accept and process donations for fundraising initiatives;
- Assist with tax receipting issues and general administrative tasks;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
While we know that for any job posting no one candidate will possess the qualifications being sought in equal measure, below is an outline of the qualifications we believe are important for a candidate to bring to the position or for the successful candidate to develop while in the role:
- Minimum of 1-2 years customer service/sales experience, preferably in the non- profit sector; College/University degree;
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Superior communication, verbal and written skills; full proficiency in French, both oral and written;
- Demonstrates high level of critical thinking with the ability to connect the donor to the organization in an impactful, meaningful way;
- Resourceful, service oriented, excellent time management;
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to understand the importance of fundraising and stewardship;
- Ability to work independently, with a ‘‘go getter attitude’’ and the ability to take initiative;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with teams and others in the organization;
- Proven ability to build new relationships with participants, donors and volunteers;
- Ability to be flexible, adjusting to new tactics and strategies as they emerge;
- Organized with meticulous attention to detail;
- Experience with relationship databases an asset;
- Telemarketing/solicitation experience an asset.
We’re looking for a passionate individual who is interested in moving the dial and making a difference. We are an environment that looks to attract hardworking and committed people, people who are looking to challenge themselves and grow with a globally recognized brand that continues to change the world. If this describes you, consider joining our team. We look forward to reviewing your application.
TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE:
SALARY RANGE: $36,185.50 - $53,011.00
DATE POSTED: April 12, 2022
AVAILABLE TO: Internal and External Candidates
DEADLINE: April 26, 2022
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Please apply on-line by visiting our website:www.sickkidsfoundation.com
SickKids Foundation is committed to its people and the talents, capabilities, and perspectives they bring to our mission. We live that commitment by being open and accessible to all, by valuing and respecting every individual, and by equally supporting every employee. As an organization proud to have joined the Black North Initiative’s CEO pledge, we uphold our commitment by inviting and encouraging individuals from diverse lived experiences from Black, Indigenous, communities of colour, people with disabilities, sexual orientation and all candidates who may contribute to the further diversification of the Foundation’s community.
Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact the Human Resources Department.