Job Description :
Position: Department Administrative Assistant
Status: Full Time (1)
File #: 2022-26604
Dept/Program: Volunteer Resources, People Support
Site: Mississauga Hospital and Credit Valley Hospital - available to work at all sites as required
Hours of Work/Shifts: 37.5 Hours Per Week - Monday to Friday
Reposted: April 20, 2022
Internal Deadline: April 27, 2022
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission : A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
When we set out to build our vision and future, we connected with our community - patients, families, visitors, physicians, staff and volunteers. The foundational goals of our new strategic plan - quality, access and sustainability - anchor everything we do. Our mission for a new kind of health care is built on an inter-connected system of care organized around patients - inside and outside the hospital.
At THP, we are relentless in providing high quality, compassionate care to our communities and take great pride in fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and we are all accountable for contributing to a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing and promoting excellence in patient care though advancing patient and staff safety. If you are passionate about what you do, motivated to improve the health of the community, committed to excellence, quality and patient safety we would like you to join our Better Together team!
As an integral part of the Volunteer Resources team, you will contribute your knowledge and expertise in a variety of complex and challenging processes to support the volunteer program as well as provide department support.
- Reception for the Volunteer Resources Department (including in person and phone calls)
- Reviewing volunteer applications on our database and short-listing applicants
- Maintaining correspondence with volunteer applicants through email, phone or in person throughout the recruitment process
- Working with the Volunteer Coordinators to determine the recruitment needs of the program
- Pre-screening all volunteer applicants by phone or email
- Scheduling interviews for volunteer applicants for the Volunteer Coordinators
- Completing all volunteer applicants' pre-volunteer requirements including health screening and reference checks
- Updating and maintaining the volunteer database, VsysOne and uploading all paper records
- Assisting with the booking and setting up of monthly volunteer orientations sessions
- Working with Volunteer Coordinators, and Manager to support the department's administrative needs and specifically onboarding of volunteer applicants
- Booking weekly, joint site meetings and preparing the agendas, action items and minutes
- Assist with month end reporting
- Maintaining department inventory and ordering supplies
- Others duties as required
Volunteer Program Assistance
- Supporting the work of the Volunteer Advisory Council (VAC) by booking all of the monthly meetings
- Producing agendas, minutes and reports as directed by the Manager
- Reporting on hours and assisting with special projects to support the VAC
Ad hoc Requests
- Recruit volunteers for ad hoc requests ( ie. special projects, administrative tasks)
- Provide volunteer coverage for department during lunch hour
- Post-secondary education combined with 2 years of equivalent work-related experience. Hospital volunteer program experience is an asset.
- Working knowledge of databases, specifically VsysOne or other volunteer management software
- Strong administrative skills with advanced technical skills in Windows, MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written, combined with a customer focused approach
- Effective time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- High accuracy and attention to detail when performing a wide variety of tasks
- Self-directed individual who possesses initiative combined with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Be willing to work out of the Mississauga Hospital or Credit Valley Hospital sites (though the role will be supporting one site that is yet to be determined)
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing, based on our values compassion, excellence and courage. To be Better Together, we commit to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes a safe and supportive environment for everyone who provides care, supports caregiving, receives care or visits the hospital.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.