Manages communications plan program, including internal and external communication, press releases, website design, Company branding and divisional communications initiatives.What you will be doing:
- Manages Company communications materials, including graphics, brochures, fact sheets, presentations, logos, and other promotional products, within the corporate design standards.
- Develops and executes public relations plans both nationally and locally that support business objectives.
- Plans media (gathering media kits, outlining editorial calendars, confirming costs, deadlines and specs); approves ad copy; ensures correct and on-time ad placement.
- Develops messaging for external stakeholders around company strategy, programs and other information as needed.
- Oversees Company response to questions and comments from the press and the community.
- Perform additional assignments per management's direction.
- Assists project proposal efforts with company materials and visuals, as needed.
- Develops and maintains content management for the internal and external corporate website.
- Maintains knowledge of Company's values and strategic plan.
- Support published corporate policies. What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English or related field required.
- 7+ years' experience in corporate communications or public relations required.
- Experience in construction industry communications program preferred.
- Able to communicate with media on the Company's behave regarding Company community impacts and events.
- Beginner knowledge of print/web graphics and SharePoint
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), HTML and/or Dreamweaver
- A minimum of five years experience in the following:
- Managing traffic construction and operations communications for transportation construction projects
- Working with government communications processes and policies
- Developing traffic and communications strategies with the input of multiple stakeholders
- Working with issues management related to transportation construction projects
- Planning and managing community and stakeholder engagement for transportation construction projects
- Experience in development of Communication Plans to outline the plan and plan and process for managing the execution of communications and engagement obligations. Why work for us:
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.