Individually we are people, but together we are Aviva. Individually these are just words, but together they are our Values - Care, Commitment, Community, and Confidence.
An excellent opportunity to work with our dynamic team of Internal Communications professionals who actively work to advise and shape Canada's second-largest insurance company. A natural leader who is collaborative and passionate about the opportunity to develop relationships across all levels of the organization. If you are keen to learn, grow, and develop both personally and professionally, this is your role!
This role reports to Aviva Canada's Head of Internal Communications & Linguistics Services.
Does this excite you? Read on.
What you'll do
- Create integrated/engaging communications strategies enabling Aviva to connect to its people.
- Work cross-functionally to create a compelling narrative and build the Aviva story, using communication channels to ensure this narrative is well understood.
- Lead Aviva Canada business strategy and performance communication.
- Play a pivotal role in supporting the production of Aviva Canada's live stream broadcast program - All Access (including use of studio equipment for filming).
- Provide counsel and project support for key business leaders, advising on the delivery of internal communications for various special or business as usual projects.
- Work with Group Communications to ensure best practice sharing and support of global communications initiatives.
- Support and champion the use of Aviva Canada's channel strategy, ensuring recommendations are rooted in insight and analytics.
What you'll bring
- Postgraduate degree in Corporate Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or Journalism
- Demonstrable communications experience (ideally in the insurance industry, professional services, financial sector)
- Writing, proofreading, editing across a variety of platforms (bilingual is an asset)
- Develop internal communication/employee engagement strategies to maintain and strengthen company culture
- Technically savvy; enjoys learning / and figuring it out
- Skill/diplomacy in dealing with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work as a team player in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, SharePoint and industry-standard tools
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on relative importance and vitality
- Works well under pressure and can effectively/professionally handle challenging issues in a sophisticated, matrix organization
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate with professionals at all levels within the organization
- Keen to learn, grow and develop
- Ability to laugh at yourself, have fun and adapt to different situations
What You'll Get:
- Competitive rewards package including base compensation, eligibility for annual bonus, retirement savings, share plan, health benefits, personal wellness, and volunteer opportunities
- Outstanding Career Development opportunities
- We'll support your professional development education
Aviva Canada has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for employees with disabilities. If upon commencement of employment you require a specific accommodation because of a disability, please contact your Talent Acquisition Partner so that an appropriate accommodation can be arranged. This process applies throughout your career with Aviva Canada.