Altium Packaging, Our Culture Differentiates Us!
We are an essential business and still hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic!
We incorporate our Guiding Principles into all aspects and at all levels of the organization and use them as a framework for decision-making. We believe our Guiding Principles foster a culture of excellence that benefits both employees and customers.
Our Guiding Principles
- Act with Integrity & in Compliance
- Drive Value Creation
- Be Disciplined Entrepreneurs
- Focus on the Customer
- Act with Humility
- Treat others with Dignity and Respect
- Seeking Fulfillment in your Work
- Models our Company's Guiding Principles and champions our Always Made Right, Always Made Safe Culture.
- Talent Acquisition - Conducts recruitment efforts for non-exempt roles; interviews candidates for employment; conducts new-employee orientations; writes and advertises job openings through our ICIMs recruiting tool.
- Training - Coordinates and provides assistance to area leaders with the development and delivery of training programs.
- Payroll - Train and support managers and supervisors in reviewing employees time sheet, to ensure accurate payroll. Work in collaboration with the Canadian Payroll and Benefits Manager.
- Advocate - Viewed as an ?Employee Advocate? who voices employee concerns to leaders; ensures fair and equitable treatment is given to all.
- HR Administrator:
- Responsible to maintain up to date our HR platform (Workday) by processing all transactions related to our internal processes (recruitment, hiring, performance, training, discipline).
- Act as a guardian of the best practices in maintaining our HR platform data, by processing, auditing, and training managers.
- Prepares and maintains all employee files, employment records, pay changes, promotions, terminations and other employment activities.
- Administers plant recognition programs and oversees progressive discipline process for hourly employees.
- Assists with and prepares changes with employment status, terminations, time-off request, documentation, etc.
- Performs various labor and employee relations duties; investigates and addresses employee relations issues.
- Prepares internal employee communications regarding compensation, benefits, or company policies.
- Position requires up to 30% of travel depending on the location.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Qualifications/Skills/Competencies :
- Associate Degree.
- Professional or Senior Professional Human Resources (HRPA) certification preferred.
- 5 to 10 years working in Human Resources as a generalist.
- Must be bilingual (English and French). Punjabi an asset.
- Experience in Performance Management; Payroll Processing; Training & Development; Recruiting / Talent Acquisition; Negotiation and Conflict Management.
- Able to Influence Others, have Cultural Awareness, Relationship Management, Coaching & Counseling.
- Professional, discrete, ethical, detail-oriented and able to multitask.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to learn new software quickly.
We Believe in Rewarding our Most Important Resource - Our People!
We show our commitment to Total Rewards by providing a competitive, comprehensive benefits package.We offer health, dental, life and disability insurance plans to support the well-being of our employees. In addition, we offer public holidays and time off to promote work-life balance. We also invest in our people by offering tuition reimbursement programs as well as learning and training opportunities. Altium Packaging sites offer rewards and recognition programs as well as opportunities for its employees to make a difference in their communities.
Equal Access to Employement Program
As an employer who subscribes to the principle of equal employment, we are committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage individuals from the following designated groups to apply and voluntarily indicate their group of affiliation: Women, Visible Minorities, Indigenous Peoples and Persons with Disabilities.