Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. About the job:
We are looking for a talented, energetic Content Writer to help create accessible, user focused web content for a diverse client base, mostly in the public sector. While the position is based out of our Waterloo office, it is a remote work position at this time. About you:
You love to write and get excited by the challenge of making the complex easy to understand. You also love working with people and are comfortable working with clients. You are confident with public speaking and can lead client training sessions when necessary.
You are detail-oriented, can multitask and thrive under pressure. You can work alone and as part of a team. You follow direction well and offer new ideas to help the team prosper. You understand that there is strength in working together as a unit, and that when one person succeeds, we all thrive.
You can switch between technical, creative and web writing with ease and can follow writing guidelines and directions as they are presented to you. You have a desire to exceed expectations and continue to improve in your role. You are flexible and can work remotely, from the office or at client locations when necessary or permitted. What you'll do:
- Writing and editing web content for clients (mostly public sector)
- Organizing and planning client content schedules and delivering on all timelines
- Problem-solving with team and client teams to ensure all work is delivered on-time and to expectations
- Working directly with clients
- Creating accessible documents as per legislation and guidelines (AODA, W3C, WCAG, ADA)
- Performing content audits, organizing data and writing reports
- Creating and organizing presentations (PowerPoint) when requested
- Delivering presentations and leading training sessions for clients regarding accessibility and writing for the web, when necessary
- Helping out your team and other teams when necessary to ensure the success of the company
- Other responsibilities as assigned Requirements:
- Minimum 6 months to 3 years of experience in writing. Web writing experience is a huge asset
- Degree in Writing, English, Marketing, Communications or in a similar field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (with a focus on Microsoft Word)
- Organized, detail-oriented, with the ability to work in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to foster trust and credibility with clients through strong relationship building skills
- Outstanding command of the English language (spoken and written)
- Experience with HTML and content management systems an asset
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro and accessible documents an asset
- Understanding of SEO and analytics an asset
- Professional conduct with a high level of integrity and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a collaborative team-based environment
As a diverse and inclusive organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. #LI-TP1
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation . GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ?One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.