Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of our clients' assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and our motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
Together beyond standards.Position Purpose:
The overall duty of this position is to provide support to the Pipeline Integrity Assurance department NDT operations by transferring field notes, rough sketches and handwritten reports from draft copies into a finalized format ensuring compliance with company, client and industry standards. The Technical Report Writer reviews and corrects draft reports and by converting them into the client specific approved formats. The Technical Report Writer will work closely with the Pipeline Integrity Reporting Coordinator as well as the Engineering reviewers and field NDT technicians to ensure all reporting is accurate and submitted in a timely fashion.
Due to the nature of this position there will be on-call and overtime requirements. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating various NDT reporting by performing data entry, compiling reports and surveys, report preparation, distribution and submission.
- Reviewing field drawings and inspection reports and editing for accuracy and completeness.
- Providing NDT Technicians with required report history on repeat jobsprojects and assisting with report preparation.
- Liaising with technical staff, operations management and client's representatives to ensure quality in reporting.
- Developing new report formats emplates for the ease of data collection in the field.
- Managing report database(s) and library including organizing and filing electronic and hard copy media files.
- Ensuring reporting aligns with quality management initiatives.
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures, including but not limited to all Applus Code of Ethics and Confidentiality Agreements.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary. Knowledge and Skills:
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus. Exhibits honesty, discretion, confidentiality, and sound judgment.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of NDT techniques, services and procedures.
- Have the aptitude to be multi-functional by working with appropriate departments in developing and reporting educational needs.
- Works independently in a self-directed manner while still supporting the team.
- Ability to understand rough sketches and field notes.
- A reasonable knowledge on construction and design principles.
- Excellent report writing and review skills.
- Excellent customer service focus, ability to quickly build strong working relationships with business partners and colleagues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills matched with the ability to negotiate and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, excellent organizational and analytical skills, pragmatic, eager to learn.
- Adapt in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage competing priorities and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Ability to problem solve including identifying issues and finding a resolution in a timely manner.
- Ability to excel in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and other software applications. Education and Work Experience:
- Engineering Degree, Certified Engineering TechnicianTechnologist preferred.
- Prior NDT industry or Pipeline experience preferred.
- Strong industry knowledge of NDE is an asset.
- Equivalent industry experience combined with other formal training and accreditations may be accepted. Working Conditions:
- The physical environment requires the employee to work inside an office environment, protected from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The work is primarily sedentary.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Work outside of normal business hours will be occasionally required.
- Occasional to frequent travel will be required within Canada.
- Overtime required during the week and weekend with work volume
- Ability to be flexible with work schedules and respond to requests without advance warning or notification