Unless specified below as an in-office/in-person position, this is a remote opportunity. All remote positions require applicants to have a reliable internet connection. The health and wellbeing of our employees are of the utmost importance. It is our policy to maintain vaccinated offices for those working out of our physical work locations.
Ingenuity Studios is seeking a full-time Human Resources Coordinator for its Vancouver, British Columbia team. This is a cross-organizational position, working with multiple departments and employees located in multiple countries around the world. You will work directly under the Business Operations Manager and alongside our administrative team.
This is a remote position until we reopen our office, which is tentatively planned for Summer. Once the office is officially open, this will be a hybrid position requiring you to be in the office 2x a week at minimum.
The successful candidate will participate in a wide range of human resources activities which includes: document/file administration, training and onboarding, employee handbook and HR policies, health and safety training and support, and payroll and benefits administration. This position supports the company's success by providing timely human resources support while identifying ways to improve HR processes and services.
- Maintain and update employee data in Rippling, ADP TeamPay, and other systems
- Own the onboarding process for Canadian new hires and ensure all required paperwork has been completed
- Work closely with the Admin and Recruitment teams to support new hire orientation and the overall employee experience
- Assist the Business Operations Manager with CAN payroll and benefits administration as well as analyses on ways to improve these processes
- Monitor employee inquiries and respond in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with all local, provincial, and federal laws. This includes managing our labor law postings (physical and electronic)
- Maintain security and confidentiality involving any information and data in regards to the company, employees, clients, and related projects
- Must be familiar with British Columbia, Canada labour rights and responsibilities
- Must have proficient computer skills and the ability to provide general technical support
- Must be comfortable following and enforcing policies and procedures
- Must be professional, approachable, and have a positive attitude
- Must be able to keep track of multiple priorities and deliver on time
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening and collaboration skills
- Microsoft Office and Google Suite experience a plus
- HR experience a plus
- VFX industry experience a plus
Ingenuity Studios is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Ingenuity Studios is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. At Ingenuity Studios, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.