Marketing Coordinator/Social Media Specialist
You are a multi-tasker and are able to work independently, performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative duties to support your team. You communicate well with all contacts, anticipate and resolve issues, and update team your various projects.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Plan, coordinate and execute Social Media Marketing strategies
- Create a comprehensive strategy that uses social media marketing techniques and online video to increase visibility, community and traffic for hotel and our Restaurant and Bar.
- To assist sales and food & beverage in creating promotional material by utilizing graphic design knowledge.
- Update Tourism Calgary and other partners with our current promotions
- Continually feed Corporate PR and our PR agency with news and updates
- To create promotional events that raise the profile of both the hotel and the brand
- Responsible for maintaining an up-to-date photo and video library
- Active participation on hotel colleague committees
- To seek out opportunities for new brand partnership opportunities
- Responsible for submitting content and ideas for Fairmont's Colleague Newsletter
- To leverage advertising and marketing programs in cooperation with the DOSM.
- Monitor third-party reservation sites to ensure accuracy of content and imagery
- Actively engage online communities and its members; build the company brand with original posts and monitor, respond as appropriate
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities with a particular focus on development and distribution of video and imagery
- Monitor trends in social media including, tools and applications and apply that knowledge to increasing the use of social media
- To assist in the development of advertising creative design and messaging as required
- To develop and execute internal marketing programs as defined in the marketing plan including but not limited to: email signatures, on-hold scripts, marketing materials, email newsletters and digital signage
- To create a positive, creative and energetic group environment by proactively and constructively communicating thoughts, suggestions, and ideas during staff/team meetings and day-to-day interactions
- Make the social media efforts accountable by measuring the impact on the overall marketing efforts
- To develop and distribute monthly reports on the results of social media.
- To foster a culture of innovation and advocacy in the Social Web.
Your experience and skills include:
- Diploma or Degree specializing in Marketing is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is required.
- Proven ability to create partnerships within industry and community
- Fast learner, flexible, results-oriented, decision-maker, positive, multi-tasker; self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Ability to work flexible hours and days
- Strong communication, problem solving and presentational skills
- Strong computer literacy, especially with Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; able to read and interpret marketing reports and make recommendations
- Proven experience with social media tools and understands differences, benefits, strategic uses etc. Knowledge of Sprout is an asset.
Your team and working environment:
- Centrally located in downtown Calgary, The Fairmont Palliser is the city's premier, landmark hotel. With 407 elegantly appointed guest rooms, The Fairmont Palliser is truly the place to be. Join us in delivering the iconic Calgary experience.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- Fairmont Palliser is committed to an employment equity program that includes special measures to achieve diversity among staff. We therefore encourage applications from qualified Aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
- In order to keep our employees and the general public safe from the threat of Covid 19 and the rise of variants in the community, the Hotel has implemented a Covid-19 Vaccination Policy.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS