Consultant, HR Communications & Employee Engagement - ( 220001MN )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works to support operational excellence. The Stantec community unites more than 25,000 employees working in over 400 locations across 6 continents. Our Functional Services Teams (FSTs) include Corporate Development, Finance, HR, HSSE, IT, Legal, Marketing/Communications, Practice Services and Real Estate and Procurement. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
We have an exciting opportunity for a communications professional with Human Resources and project management experience. Reporting to the Director, Employee Engagement, this role supports our global Human Resources programs and projects.
We are searching for a professional who is passionate about communication and the employee experience! In this role, you will focus on delivering beautifully designed, timely, clear, and concise written and visual communications to engage and educate employees about Human Resources programs and initiatives such as Benefits, Global Mobility, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Organizational Development, Talent Brand, Onboarding, and Recognition.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop and implement internal Human Resources communication strategy, written content, and design deliverables
- Partner with Human Resources leads and other stakeholders to create rollout plans for HR programs and projects
- Manage medium to large projects, including project plan creation, to ensure all resources and communications are timely, engaging, and well-designed
- Ensure content is relevant and appropriate to identified audience(s) and recommend communication distribution tactics
- Ensure communications are aligned with corporate strategies, policies, branding guidelines, and regulatory requirements
- Lead the communications review and approval process for designated HR teams
- Gather feedback and make recommendations to internal clients to increase awareness and traffic to resources and communications
- Create partnerships with key stakeholders to deliver final products
- Review work and provides editing feedback to peers and colleagues
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Exceptional writing and content-creation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to simplify complex topics for internal audiences through superior writing, strong information design, and other creative techniques while maintaining the integrity of the intended message
- Understanding of HR processes and practices to contribute to the development of communications materials
- Strong attention to detail and an eye for the look and feel of professional, branded documents and presentations
- Experience and skill in working on multiple, deadline-driven projects concurrently in a team-oriented environment
- Experience working with Talent Management systems (Taleo preferred) is an asset.
- Experience with Talent Brand and social media practices is an asset
- Experience working in a hybrid work environment (proficient and professional with virtual and in-person meetings and collaboration)
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Experience working with teams across geographies and time zones
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (required)
- Proficiency with graphic design concepts and tools such as InDesign
- Bilingual in English and French or Spanish is an asset.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Human Resources, or a related field
Minimum 5 years of related experience in a related role
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job : HR Employee Communications
Organization : BC-1197 Human Resources-Talent Services-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 29, 2022, 1:10:02 PM
Req ID: 220001MN
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans