SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTING OUTCOMES
- Performs customer service functions by answering team members requests.
- Update, maintain and monitor accuracy of data on the HRIS systems and maintain team member files.
- Initiate, receive and process results for criminal background check and reference checks.
- Coordinate the manual tracking of all corporate referrals, managing the associated approvals and payments.
- Track, monitor and process all pre-hire and new hire paperwork and requirements.
- Ensure that returned new hire paperwork and documentation is complete and accurate.
- Closely track, manage, and coordinate asset requests, according to the 'New Hire Process' and interface with multi-discipline groups to ensure assets are requested and obtained for new hires.
- Coordinate with external clients to ensure assets, systems and accesses are correctly assigned and maintained.
- Manage all activities related to the team member's disability claim including the facilitation and timely submission of paperwork and collaboration with team members, managers, and insurance carriers with respect to return to work and accommodation.
- Assist with termination process involving preparation of separation paperwork and exit interviews.
- Issue employment verification and assist with various recruitment function.
- Adhere to and promote the environmental, health & safety policies of AFL.
- Support any other special projects that other team members need assistance with.
- Performs other related duties as required
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Human Resources Management.
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications, in particular).
- Strong communication skills.
Skills and Abilities
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
- Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers.
- Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
- Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization's standards.
- Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with excellent judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to work in a highly confidential manner with all work-related contacts and exercise a high degree of tact and discretion.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Monday to Friday - 8:00 am to 4:00 pm