Why CompuCom? (Overview) :
The Sales Support III is responsible for supporting the Sales teams in assisting existing customers, developing and generating leads, communicating with customers, understanding their needs and advancing the sales process. The Sales Support III will assist in the achievement of sales quotas and targets for large, complex customer accounts. The Sales Support III works more independently on opportunities to grow the business and connects directly with executive levels of customer contacts.
Qualifed candidate will have prior experience working with the government and public sector customers.
Role is remote currently with plan to be hybrid in futureWhat We Need & What You'll Do (Responsibilities):
- Provides pre-sales support to Sales team by attending client meetings; assists Sales team to determine sales opportunities and provides technical and administrative product information.
- Acts as the primary daily point of contact for sales support with customers; monitors customer problems to ensure resolution as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Assists the field Sales Team in increasing account revenues and gross margins; reviews accounts and suggests additional product sales.
- Works directly with customers for quoting, reporting and managing sales tracking tools.
- Works closely with Account Executives and customers to develop forecasting strategy, identify potential forecasting process improvements and obtain forecast sign-off.
- Communicates activities to the field Sales Team including quotes, orders, and open issues to ensure the current status of customer accounts is maintained; responsible for all reporting on accounts and follow-up on all transactions.
- Responsible for handling Deal Registrations and managing the special bid pricing to maximize company profit margins and to offer the most competitive pricing.
- Coordinates with other departments including Service, Configuration, Distribution, and the field Sales team to ensure a smooth flow of products and services to the customer.
- Provides post-sale support to the customer, including but not limited to, RMAs, A/R, and any other customer satisfaction issues; serves as a liaison between customers and appropriate company departments to resolve customer questions and problems to ensure a smooth sales process and to enhance customer experience
- Maintains knowledge of company products, services, and new technology available in order to compete effectively in the market; attends periodic sales and product training where applicable Who You Are (Qualifications):
- Bachelors Degree and/or certification
- Area of Study - Technical or business-oriented field
- 5-10 years of significant related work experience with a minimum of 3 years working as an Inside Sales or equivalent position.
- Strong analytical and problem solving experience working in sales operations, business analyst role, process improvement, and/or program/project management, preferably at a high-tech or software company.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to work and interact in a fast-paced environment and solid level of comfort with multitasking.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with visual analysis applications and sales intelligence software.
- Proven experience in developing, building and delivering quantitative metrics in a business context.
- Excellent analytical, reporting, data manipulation, dashboard creation and business intelligence skills.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, along with an excellent telephone manner.
- Demonstrable history of initiative and the ability to work independently and as a member of the team
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft Office applications
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce.com or similar CRM system
- Ability to communicate difficult information in a neutral and professional manner.
- Ability to remain calm in emotionally charged situations.
- Ability to manage simultaneous and conflicting priorities in an effective manner