Summer Employment Opportunity
*Events & Marketing Summer Coordinator
About YWCA Edmonton
YWCA Edmonton is a powerful voice for equity and has been leading social change and progress
for women and families in the Edmonton region since 1907. Part of an international movement,
YWCA Edmonton is a trusted provider of services, programs and advocacy work that transforms
lives and helps build a stronger, healthier, and equitable community for all. YWCA Edmonton is a
member of YWCA Canada, the oldest and largest women's social service organization in the
YWCA Edmonton is looking for an enthusiastic and creative Events & Marketing Summer
Coordinator to help with the development, planning and implementation of an outstanding
event to commemorate our 115th anniversary, as well as to assist the External Relations
department with additional events and marketing as needed. The successful candidate will play a
key role in event preparations, planning and promotion.
For a summer work term, we are searching for a student to fill a multifaceted role that will
include event planning, project coordination, creative work, and administrative duties (June-
August 2022). The chosen candidate will be responsible for:
1. Liaising with internal and external stakeholders and vendors during the event planning
process to ensure everything is in order while adhering to budget.
2. Identifying sponsorship opportunities for events.
3. Negotiating with vendors to achieve the most favorable terms.
4. Overseeing event logistics including volunteer recruitment, coordinating guest lists, site
set-up, tear-down and other event follow-up tasks.
5. Supporting development of marketing materials and event communications, including
responding to inquiries from the public.
While there will be some in-person attendance required for this role, much of the remaining time
could be spent working remotely if the candidate prefers. Candidates should be aware that the
YWCA Edmonton has a strict COVID-19 policy that requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated to
best ensure everyone's safety.
Qualifications Required :
- Outstanding vendor management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A fundamental awareness of the non-profit event sector and how it works.
- Knowledge of event performance monitoring methods, as well as the capacity to generate
- An understanding of social media and other marketing skills used to send invitations and
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Between 18 and 30 years of age.
Checks & Insurance:
- Able to provide a clear Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Able to provide a clear Intervention Record Check
YWCA Edmonton acknowledges that we are on the traditional land of Treaty 6 Territory and the
Metis Homeland of Region 4. The footsteps of diverse Indigenous peoples have marked this
territory from time immemorial - First Nations, Metis, Inuit and now settlers from around the
world. We are all treaty members, with recognition and respect for Indigenous Peoples and the
traditional territories on which we live, work and play. We call upon our collective honoured
traditions and spirits to share responsibility for stewardship of this beautiful land and our
Employment Type: 30 hours per week
Period of Work: June 13, 2022 - September 2, 2022
Competition Closing Date: May 26, 2022 (or until suitable candidate is found)
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae via email to:
Communications Manager, YWCA Edmonton
10402 124 Street
Edmonton, AB, T5N 1R5
Email via Isarta
*This job is funded by the federal government's Canada Summer Jobs program.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for a prescreen will be contacted
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 per hour