We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we're defining the cities of tomorrow.
The IBI team shares a common goal - to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments by connecting design and technology. The Intelligence group designs state-of-the-art technical solutions that make our cities smarter and our lives better.
Working with high-profile clients around the world, you will be part of a team delivering solutions that solve complex problems. You will use your wide experience in web technologies to lead a team in the creation of superb user experiences for our IBI Intelligence group products with a particular focus on our Revenue products You will work within a cross-functional team to design, develop and deliver industry leading software that will be deployed to our clients all over the world. We're looking for people with high levels of initiative and resourcefulness who take pride in what they do to be a driving force in continuous improvement.
IBI Group is an extremely collaborative environment where teams work together across multiple disciplines to achieve the best outcomes possible. Everyone is committed to delivering highly stable and quality driven software products that impact people's lives. If you want to be part of our team and meet the qualifications below, please apply today.
Click here to view list of our products: https://www.ibigroup.com/products/
Most of the Things You'll Work on:
- Lead a team in the creation and evolution of complex production software systems with a particular focus on front-end user experiences
- Take a lead role in technology stack evaluations and decisions
- Work closely with our UX team to provide feedback and implement designs
- Drive continuous improvement on the team in the areas of quality, efficiency and operational excellence.
- Participate in team management activities and sprint/project planning
- Assist in the development of proposals in responses to RFPs as needs arise
- Identify areas of technical debt and gaps in both the software system and team makeup and make recommendations on how to resolve
You'll Need to Have:
- Minimum 6 years software development experience with a primary focus on
- Minimum 6 years delivering and maintaining customer facing production systems
- Some experience in leading a team of software developers either formally or informally
- Demonstratable experience in common front-end technologies like React, Angular, Webpack, Gulp/Grunt, Babel, CSS preprocessors, etc.
- Strong understanding of the full software development life cycle
- Experience with consuming design assets from Figma or similar design tools
- Expert knowledge in implementing responsive designs
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and the ability to lead other
Would be Great if You Had:
- Knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps best practices
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and practices
- Knowledge of CDNs, caching techniques, headless CMSes
- Some experience with AWS or Azure cloud and serverless tech
- Understanding and/or experience with PWAs
- Experience with AODA compliance and best practices
- Some understanding of browser automation
We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19, but when we do return to the office we're located at 55 St. Clair Ave West, this office is steps away from St. Clair station and is easily accessible by bike, TTC and car. Occupying 7 floors, with over 700 employees, it is the largest office at IBI Group. The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women's Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver's license record. Candidates will also need to confirm they are fully vaccinated in accordance with IBI Group's mandatory vaccination policy in Canada.