Java Developer with AWS cloud / Full Stack Developer with AWS cloud Experience:
Cognizant is a leading multinational corporation that provides IT services, including digital, technology, consulting and operational services. If you're like us, you've got big ideas. At Cognizant, we're exploring new ideas every day. We help industry leading companies reinvent their business models and innovate products that create new value-by connecting people with things, insights and experiences.
Cognizant digital engineering designs, engineers and delivers digital products and experiences that drive digital-first business models. We also work with our clients to scale their native cloud applications. We offer the most comprehensive digital engineering expertise and client-centric methodology for sustainable innovation.
Cognizant's Digital Engineering practice is seeking a highly qualified Java engineer with experience developing and building high-performing, scalable, enterprise applications. You will be part of a digital software team that works on high-demand applications.
Our engineers have a passion for high-quality, reliable and maintainable code. You will work side by side with product managers, designers, and clients, making decisions together in order to quickly deliver valuable working software to clients and their users. Our engineers are agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we're doing wrong, so we can fix it, and what we're doing right, so we can improve on it. Above all, we judge success by the success of our team and the happiness of our customers
Location: Toronto (Remote work option possible)
Cognizant will only consider applicants for this position who are legally authorized to work in Canada without requiring employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Development in Java, Spring Boot, Microservice API while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing, designing, developing and delivering high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
Professional Experience / Qualifications:
- Strong understanding of Java 8, Microservices, AWS, API Development.
- Proficient in Core Java /J2EE technologies & Spring framework
- AWS cloud experience as a developer MANDATORY
- Hands-on experience in the development of RESTFUL web services & spring boot based microservices Should be aware of CICD tools like Jenkins, Docker etc
- Basic knowledge of DevOps from developer standpoint (e.g., setting up pipelines for code deployment).
- Knowledge of commonly used IDEs like Eclipse etc and UNIX scripts.
- Excellent communication skill and participates actively in team meetings discussions and be a specialist in Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements envisioning system features and functionality and enhance organization's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing requests exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Why Choose Cognizant?
Headquartered in the U.S, Cognizant is a member of the S&P-500, Nasdaq-100, Fortune 200, and was recently ranked as the #1 Fastest Growing ?All Star? by Fortune Magazine. Cognizant leverages a highly flexible business model, a seamless global delivery network, and deep domain expertise to deliver to a long list of world-class companies that are leaders in their own space.
It takes a lot to succeed in today's fast-paced market, and Cognizant Technology Solutions has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger dreams. We stand out because we put human experiences at the core. Our associates enjoy robust benefits and training opportunities from our industry recognized, award winning Academy team. You will have access to hundreds of technical training to keep your skillsets fresh and have opportunities to obtain certifications on the latest technologies.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer provider and committed to creating a diverse environment. Cognizant considers all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital and family status, disabilities, sexual orientation or preference, veteran status or any other classification protected by state, federal or local law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email via Isarta with your request and contact information.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Apr 26 2022
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.