Why work for New Age Services?
We offer a supportive team environment, ongoing training and developmental opportunities, competitive wages and benefits. We value diversity and believe it makes us stronger - the equal representation of human differences and equal opportunity for growth, advancement, and reward. Our six core values inform how we think, behave, speak, and make decisions day to day.
1. Advocacy - We advocate passionately for those who are unable to speak up fully for themselves
2. Results - We set a standard of high performance
3. Caring - We go the extra mile to build caring and meaningful relationships
4. Empower - We empower employees to take initiatives
5. Ownership - We expect everyone to take ownership and share the workload
6. Learning - We welcome new ways of thinking and better ways of acting
This is a 30 hours/week 9-week contract position (there is a high chance that the contract length will be extended) that will be primarily focused in analyzing on going communication documentation and methods and advising on potential improvements, creating internal framework being created in SharePoint, assisting with designing promotional material and managing NAS online presence and media, helping with all-staff communication including newsletters, ShareVision, handbooks, memos, and supporting staff engagement activities and events.
- Oversees and tracks all SharePoint/datanet documents that could be viewed by all- staff, including but not limited to policies and procedures, branding toolkits, and employee information documents.
- Create an Internal Communications Framework for all-staff communication including but not limited to newsletters, sharevision, handbooks, memos etc.
- Mapping all communication and ensuring optimum utilization of communication Channels
- Assist in rolling out relevant information regarding the Strategic Plan and other staff initiatives.
- Assist with communication framework for Town hall meetings, AGM etc.
- Supports all-staff engagement activities, events and initiatives (eg. Mental Health & Wellness, Diversity & Inclusion, Rewards and Recognition)
- Create and manage NAS Inc. Social Media presence (LinkedIn, FB, Twitter etc.)
- Assist in designing NAS Inc. Promotional material
- Strategize and manage NAS Inc. website improvements
- As needed, supports the leadership team and H&S department in dispersing information related to COVID-19.
- Work with Leadership team to publish any Emergency Communication. Schedule & Compensation
This position is located in our main facilities and is a 30 hour full time position. The schedule will be Monday - Friday and will have some flexibility with the working hours. This position is starting as a 9 week contract but has a good chance of being extended. The starting rate for this position is $19.93/hour.
What you bring
- Post-secondary education in Communications, Business Administration, Marketing or related discipline
- Minimum 1-2 years working in a Communications setting. Internal communications specifically is an asset
- Ability to write and communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong abilities in Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook *** This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Grant and the successful candidate must meet the following criteria to be eligible for this role: Candidate must be between 15 - 30 years of age at the start of the employment, be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person who has been granted refugee status in Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations. International participants are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian citizens or permanent resident. ***
- Experience with one or more of the following programs; SharePoint, Ceridian Dayforce, ShareVision
- Experience in content creation, or social media management Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
New Age Services Inc. (NAS Inc.) is committed to the
health, safety, and well-being of its staff and of all individuals who enter its workplace. COVID-19 is a respiratory viral infection that has infected millions of individuals across the globe, including Canada. Proof of full vaccination (two doses plus any additional boosters, as required) will be mandatory for all NAS Inc.