We're looking for an Administrative Assistant.
Who we are
G.L. Smith was founded in 1984 to offer modern, practical and striking interior design to retail clients. Today, we're at the forefront of interior design and development, with roughly 60 full-time employees ... and growing!
Our roster of leading retailers spans a range of industries and includes some of Canada's biggest, most recognizable brands. We currently work on more than 350 projects annually - almost an average of one project each day of the year! Serving Canada's retail industry for more than three decades, we provide customized, cost-efficient interior design and expert project management capabilities.
Working at G.L. Smith
If you thrive in a fast-paced studio environment where you have the freedom to work independently but also the opportunity to collaborate with like-minded professionals, then G.L. Smith might be right for you. Our office is an exciting place as we take projects from conception to completion. While we work hard to deliver top-notch retail design solutions and services, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing your work has a tangible impact on both our company and valued clients.
Your work will be interesting and challenging, plus you'll enjoy a chance to develop your skills and grow in the company, and be supported within a caring culture that promotes a good work-life balance. Our fabulous location near Yonge and Sheppard is easy to access by highway and public transit, making your commute a breeze - by Toronto standards, anyway!
Here is a short list of daily tasks and may vary, change and be added to:
- provide general administrative and clerical support
- Schedule/coordinate appointments and meetings
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Prepare customer spreadsheets and keep online records
- General office administration as needed, including event coordination and providing support to other departments from time to time
- Compile, edit and format reports
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- Manage calendar for Managing Director
- Run company's errands to grocery store, restaurants and other various locations
- Answer calls from customers regarding their inquiries
- Maintain office supplies for department
- Maintain office kitchen including dishwasher, office snacks, sink, and coffee machine.
- Prepare and close down all boardroom computers and lights.
- High School Diploma
- Post Secondary is an asset but not a requirement
- Relevant Administrative experience is an asset
- Ability to use MS Office.
- Good communication skills written and verbal
- Ability to follow up on assigned tasks
G.L. Smith Planning & Design Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer that encourages all qualified candidates to apply. If you have accessibility or other special needs at any stage of the hiring process, please let us know and we will work to accommodate you.