Date Posted: 05/09/2022
Req ID: 24102
Faculty/Division: Faculty of Kinesiology & Physl Ed.
Department: Faculty of Kinesiology & Physl Ed
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00042323
The University of Toronto's Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education is globally recognized for developing and advancing knowledge about the interactions of physical activity and health through outstanding undergraduate and graduate education programs, cutting-edge research and the delivery of sport, recreation and high performance athletic opportunities for students, staff, faculty and community members across the three campuses. In achieving this vision, the Faculty is guided by values of integrity, respect, equity and diversity https://kpe.utoronto.ca/.
Reporting to the Manager, Events and Marketing and under general direction of the Executive Director Athletics and Physical Activity, the incumbent is a key member of the events, sports information and marketing team. The incumbent coordinates the delivery of all Varsity Blues and high performance events within the policies and guidelines of the University, FKPE and U Sport/OUA. As a member of the events and marketing team, the Athletics and Special Events Coordinator assists with the planning and staging of various Intercollegiate events.
The incumbent engages a staff and student event team, coordinating, training and overseeing the team to ensure event-preparation, on-site supervision and post-event requirements are carried out at the highest possible standards, follow University of Toronto, FKPE, OUA and U SPORTS operating policies and playing regulations.
Your responsibilities will include:
Coordinating the schedule for program and event calendars
- Analyzing client needs and making recommendations on event logistics and options
- Determiing logistical details and activities for both in-game and remote events
- Liaising with others to coordinate event set-up, changes and schedules for both on-site and remote events
- Coordinating visual venue set-up including in-game and virtual lighting and AV requirements
- Coordinate in-game and remote event elements and materials including collaborating on written materials and game outlines
- Liaising with clients and vendors to resolve minor complaints and address issues
- Conducting post-event evaluation, analysis and recommendations for changes
- Overseeing, training and providing direction to casual and work study and volunteer staff
- Collecting and submitting payroll documentation in a timely manner
- Coordinating the schedule for event staff to ensure coverage for areas of responsibility
Bachelor's Degree and certificate in event managment or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years related experience in sport event administration and sport event coordination, preferably in a University or College setting or within a semi-professional to professional sport environment
- Minimum three years overseeing and providing direction to a large staff
- Experience working in a leadership capacity
- Proficient in in-game production elements including sponsorship activations, scripting, and establishing and executing a run of show
- Experience working in a high paced, deadline driven environment
- Familiarity with OUA and U Sports hosting protocols
- Demonstrated knowledge ofspectator sporting events
- Demonstrated commitment to intercollegiate event management
- Proven ability to deliver high quality work in an environment of overlapping, time sensitive tasks
- Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively within a team and independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgement
- Must have sound understanding and commitment to equity and diversity
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to intercollegiate athletic event management, with strong customer service focus
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with internal and external customers
Proficiency with or ability to learn OUA and U Sports game-day software such as Statcrew, Presto and League Stats
- Experience within physical education, competitive and recreational athletic programs is considered an asset
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Problem solver
Closing Date: 05/18/2022, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget - Continuing
Schedule: Full-Time August to March required to work Thursday - Monday. April to July required to work Monday - Friday. Some evening work and overtime will be required.
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 09 - $59,412 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $75,979. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Athletics
Recruiter: Ainsley Scott
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, person with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encourage to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.