Job Description :
Position: Department Administrative Assistant -Full Time
File #: 2022-26670
Status: Permanent Full Time
Dept/Health Program: Eating Disorders Program
Hours of Work/Shifts: Primarily Days; Monday to Friday; 8-4
Site: Mississauga Hospital
Posted: May 10, 2022
Internal Deadline: May 17, 2022
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission : A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
When we set out to build our vision and future, we connected with our community - patients, families, visitors, physicians, staff and volunteers. The foundational goals of our new strategic plan - quality, access and sustainability - anchor everything we do. Our mission for a new kind of health care is built on an inter-connected system of care organized around patients - inside and outside the hospital.
At THP, we are relentless in providing high quality, compassionate care to our communities and take great pride in fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and we are all accountable for contributing to a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing and promoting excellence in patient care though advancing patient and staff safety. If you are passionate about what you do, motivated to improve the health of the community, committed to excellence, quality and patient safety we would like you to join our Better Together team!
A high achieving, self-motivated individual with exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated commitment to customer service will excel in this position. You must possess the ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment and be able to disseminate complex information in order to maintain effective working relationships with the Mental Health Program. You are proactive, dynamic and able to anticipate the needs of those you support without waiting for instruction. As a member of this incredible team you are an energizing person, not only with your work, but also your work ethic and style. You are flexible and have the ability to think beyond your role or portfolio, to ensure the success of the program and those you work with.
- Grade 12 education combined with 2 years of community college secretarial and/or equivalent work-related experience providing office and clinical administration services including correspondence preparation, mail delivery, file management, minute taking, typing and distribution of agendas and minutes, office supply maintenance, Advanced technical skills in Windows, MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, MS Project, videoconference and teleconference set up (Zoom and OTN), and medical terminology knowledge
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, both oral i.e. answer phones, screen, direct and handle calls; maintain voicemail and written communications
- Strong focus on patient care, utilizing a patient centered approach to managing patients and families initial experience with the department
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- High accuracy and attention to detail when performing a wide variety of tasks
- Self-directed individual who can work independently with minimal supervision
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing, based on our values compassion, excellence and courage. To be Better Together, we commit to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes a safe and supportive environment for everyone who provides care, supports caregiving, receives care or visits the hospital.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.