We are seeking an Inside Sales Representative. In this role, you will interact with existing customers, primarily by phone and email, to increase sales of the company's products and/or services by obtaining and up-selling orders, creating customer satisfaction and adding value to the customer's buying experience. You will collaborate with outside sales to ensure goals are being met. In addition, you will likely own a book of accounts.
- Obtains orders through email and telephone calls, verifies and enters items, transfers orders to fulfillment, explains stock-outs and expected delivery dates.
- Increases orders by suggesting related items, explaining features, and checks customer's buying history.
- Owns, qualifies and develops opportunities passed from marketing, outside sales, and national accounts.
- Identifies ways for continuous improvement of processes.
- Prepares, generates, and follows up on verbal or written quotations to secure orders, or determine reason for loss of order.
- Reviews open customer order reports and takes action on open items, including those items that may be at risk in meeting customer's promised delivery date.
- Maintains distribution system backorder report, associated customer expediting report and notices, and customer notification.
- Reports industry trends, competitive pricing and customer feedback to management.
- Bachelors' degree preferred.
- Requires knowledge and experience in Sales and Sales Administration; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills, however fully competent and productive professional contributor (2-3 years).
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, and ability to perform basic computer skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written form.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prospect and market concepts to existing and potentially new accounts.
- Ability to take action and solve a range of problems that may be difficult, but are not typically complex.
- Identifies and defines problems and possible solutions independently; chooses among existing solutions.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision.
WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded FORTUNE 250 company, is a leading provider of business-to-business distribution, logistics services and supply chain management solutions. Pro forma 2019 annual sales were over $17 billion, including Anixter International which it acquired in June 2020.
WESCO offers a best-in-class product and services portfolio of Electrical and Electronic Solutions, Communications and Security Solutions, and Utility and Broadband Solutions. The company employs over 18,000 people, maintains relationships with over 30,000 suppliers, and serves more than 150,000 customers worldwide. With nearly 1.5 million products, end-to-end supply chain services, and leading digital capabilities, WESCO provides innovative solutions to meet customer needs across commercial and industrial businesses, contractors, government agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers, and utilities.
WESCO operates nearly 800 branch and warehouse locations in over 50 countries, providing a local presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national corporations.
At WESCO, we build, connect, power, and protect the world. We have the capabilities and expertise to deliver the latest technologies, including: Industrial networking, Intelligent buildings, Cloud computing, Alternative energy, Broadband communications, Critical infrastructure protection, LED lighting retrofits, and Physical security.