Strongest Families Institute
Location: Halifax Regional Municipality
Strongest Families Institute (www.strongestfamilies.com) is a rapidly growing charitable organization, powered by its people and more importantly, it is piloted by talented, customer-focused individuals who value integrity, innovation, and quality.
We are looking for polite, hard-working candidates who want to build a rewarding career, with great benefits and opportunities for advancement, in a dynamic and collaborative work environment. We deliver mental health services to children, youth, adults, and families, from a distance using educational materials and virtual guidance from a ?telephone support coach'. Coaches work with children, youth, adults, and families to discuss the material, problem solve and provide support. We are a family, and our family continues to grow!
Strongest Families Institute is currently searching for a Marketing Coordinator to join the team! In this newly created role, you will report to Director of Communications. The Marketing Coordinator will take the lead on promoting the important work we do across Canada through digital and traditional marketing channels. As an integral part of our team, you will bring your creative expertise, combined with your love of Marketing to our organization that will help move our strategic objectives forward through creating, building, and sustaining processes.
In this position you will:
- Keep our stakeholders engaged by developing and executing an external communications pathway through
Mailchimp or similar Customer Relationship Management software.
- Lead our Social Media Platforms and work with our team to create monthly content calendar ideas to strategically promote the services we offer and the work we do. Through this planning stage you will then create the assets needed, schedule and monitor our social channels following our social media policy.
- Have a passion for marketing and a keen sense to help our contracts across Canada by developing and implementing a marketing plan, working with established stakeholders, as well as developing new partnerships.
This would include conducting market research and identify trends that will help expand our program reach.
- Create a unified cross-channel and platform measurement to analyze campaigns and facilitate ongoing optimization and integration of our marketing efforts to maximize our Key Performance Indicators.
- Actively employ SEO strategies to maximize our Google Ads and marketing strategies to ensure prominent discovery of our services. If Google Ads is not your strong suit, a willingness to learn the platform would be something you would be excited to do.
- Have a creative eye that will assist you in designing strong visual assets for our organization as well as knowledge in how to create them.
- Bring a passion for story telling! Your writing and editing skills will help us tell our clients stories via blogs, newsletters, funding applications, internal newsletters.
- Update our website using WordPress for items such as blog stories or content.
- Manage relationships with internal departments to ensure high-quality and timely execution of marketing programs, materials, campaigns
- Oversee summer students who will learn and thrive under your direction as well as help you accomplish your yearly goals.
- A degree in Marketing with an understanding of not-for-profit marketing combined with 1-3 years experience in a marketing role.
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs as well as SharePoint, Adobe Suite, Canva, or other photo editing software.
- A passion for and experience with Social Media platforms with ideas on how to grow and expand our channels through new trends and ideas to keep the content fresh. Video editing or creating experience would be an asset.
- An eye for detail with excellent communications and writing skills including spelling, grammar, punctuation, composition, and proofing.
- A desire to learn and grow with a fast-paced organization and a willingness to develop new skills.
- Bilingualism (French/English) would be an asset.
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while learning how to prioritize weekly task and priorities.
About Working with Us:
- We are a collaborative group of dynamic people with a passion for what we do. We enjoy working closely together and sharing in each others' successes as well as offering our assistance to help you succeed in your role.
- We value our team culture and believe in being accountable to each other and our clients. We provide a judgement free environment where everyone is welcomed and celebrated. We strongly believe in diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion and offer several ways for you to become involved in the organization to help contribute to our workplace community.
What We Offer:
- Full-time 37.5 hours a week
- A hybrid working model - work remotely or within our office
- All equipment will be supplied to you so that you can put your best foot forward in your career.
- We believe in training and supporting our staff with additional learning and development opportunities.
- Group Benefits plan (health and dental, life insurance) as well as an EAP program
- Comprehensive and competitive defined benefit Pension Plan
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Compensation commensurate to experience.
Strongest Families is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment that invests in building a culture of appreciation and respect. We offer equal opportunity to all candidates seeking employment.
If you feel like SFI is the right fit for you, tell us why! Please apply with resume and cover letter to: Attention Anne Marie
Shannon, Director of Fundraising and Communication
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Strongest Families Institute adheres to public health guidelines in regards to COVID-19 precautions. At this time we allow a hybrid working model (remote/within office for applicable positions),social distancing and mask wearing in office where possible.
Application deadline: 2022-05-06
Expected start date: 2022-05-18