Eaton's Electrical sector is seeking an Outside Sales Representative to to join our team This position is based out of Thunder Bay, Ontario.
Position Overview :
The Outside Sales Representative will be responsible for selling and supporting our electrical products, assemblies and services to customers in the Thunder Bay area. This is a professional sales role focused on achieving sales goals, partnering with distributors and exceeding customer expectations. The emphasis will be on growing profitable order volume across all product lines while expanding Eaton's presence in the marketplace. This position will coordinate and implement overall sales initiatives for an assigned customer base. The Outside Sales Representative will manage all aspects of the business relationship, providing sales and technical assistance to customers, consultants and distributors.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Achieve team orders and sales goals.
- Cultivate customer, channel and internal relationships.
- Implement sales plans and growth strategies to meet performance requirements.
- Promote Eaton products and services to optimize sales volume, product mix, and profitability.
- Provide technical assistance to customers and distributors.
- Understand and be responsive to market conditions and competitive activities, communicate such information internally to drive corrective strategies.
- Maintain cooperative and credible working relationships with internal personnel to deliver customer satisfaction.
- Prepare sales proposals and value propositions to satisfy customer needs and expectations.
- Develop bid strategies and quotations for customers using price and delivery guidelines, applying sound business decisions to enhance sales volume and margins.
- Introduce new products and implement promotional programs.
- Prepare sales presentations to create product/service/solution understanding and awareness.
- Maintain C360 opportunity database, provide input on monthly sales forecasts based on negotiation activity and customer / distributor feedback.
- Understand and apply the fundamentals of the Eaton Value Cycle: Sales strategy - Market/Customer knowledge - Value proposition design - Price for value.
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton's Philosophy and Values as well as Safety and Environmental standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
- Diploma or degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years of technical experience in the electrical industry.
- Possess a valid drivers licence.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- P Eng. or CET designation, Business Degree
- Minimum 5 years of technical sales experience in the electrical industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities.
- Professional presence and effective presentation skills.
- Electrical industry experience.
- Experienced in developing and deploying strategies to deliver customer-focused solutions.
- Demonstrated competency in contributing to the success of the team.
- Analytical aptitude, ability to think critically with proven problem-solving skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
?Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: https://www.eaton.com/ca/en-gb/company/policies-and-statements/accessibility.html
Politique d'accessibilité: Eaton a mis en place des politiques d'accessibilité afin d'accommoder des employés avec un handicap. Si vous êtes sélectionnés pour une entrevue et que vous avez besoin d'accommodement, veuillez partager l'information avec le recruteur ou le superviseur afin que nous puissions faire des ajustements raisonnables pour vos besoins. Nos politiques d'accessibilité peuvent être consultées au : http://www.eatoncanada.ca/FR/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
What you will get from us
Eaton's mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power - more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton's 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company's operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America - Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time