Open to both Internal and external
Support Staff (CUPE)
Posting In effect from
Closing Application Date
Closing date for internal CUPE applicants
Internal CUPE applicants must submit their application by 4pm on the ?closing date for internal CUPE applicants? for their Seniority to be recognized. If the position is still open after that date they will be considered alongside external applicants.
Applications will be reviewed commencing the ?closing date for internal CUPE applicants? and may continue until the position is filled
Auxiliary (Over 4 Months)
Anticipated Start Date
Position End Date (If Applicable)
The Hours of work are subject to change depending upon departmental requirements
3 days per week; 5 hours per day
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator plans and supports the coordination and delivery of a range of marketing, communications and events for the Sustainability Office. The Coordinator, in partnership with the office's Manager of Sustainability Programs, oversees divisional and departmental marketing and communication plans based on TRU Brand, TRU's Strategic Priorities and departmental strategic goals. This involves the development of departmental marketing and communications plans, advertising campaigns, activities, website redesigns, special projects and events ensuring brand adherence. The position supports the broad communication and marketing strategies established by the Sustainability Office. The position liaises with a variety of on-campus departments including Marketing and Communications, IT Services, Printshop, Ancillary Services and also liaises with relevant off-campus community stakeholders, including the City of Kamloops, to support the delivery of events, activities and special projects.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and coordinates the development of comprehensive Marketing and Communications plans for office programs, events, initiatives, etc., linked to the TRU Brand, TRU's Strategic Priorities and departmental strategic goals.
- Creates and maintains divisional/department marketing, communications and events required to engage relevant internal and external stakeholders including students, faculty, staff, alumni and employers.
- Plans, coordinates and liaises with stakeholders on a variety of marketing and communication needs and event planning within the strategic goals set out by the division/department, ensuring brand adherence.
- Assists in the interview and selection process of Faculty, staff, students, and alumni to be highlighted in various publications and communications.
- Assists in the design, development and delivery of the Sustainability Office's marketing and communication campaigns including newsletters and social media activities. Ensures that project criteria standards and timelines are met within established guidelines.
- Monitors, tracks and makes recommendations on optimizing digital marketing and communication, including social media, newsletters, videos, photography and website.
- Coordinates website changes within the Sustainability Office; creates and maintains a schedule to update online materials.
- Creates and maintains repositories of internal and external marketing and communication needs for recurring events, newsletters and projects.
- Designs, and updates marketing materials: sandwich boards, bulletin boards, posters in classrooms, CCTV slides and others.
- Coordinates photo shoots and produces headshots, stock imaging, student photos and event photography within the Sustainability Office, including managing and maintaining a photography repository.
Manager of Sustainability Programs
- Diploma in Marketing and/or Communications or related field
- 2 years related experience in a post-secondary institution or related environment including:
- Experience creating and executing events
- Experience with content curation, writing, editing and designing for print and digital media
- Experience in internal/external communications and marketing
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES RELATED TO THE JOB
- Ability to coordinate appropriate workload plans within complex systems
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing for diverse audiences
- Ability to write, edit and design content for news and marketing publications
- Demonstrated advanced computer literacy skills in MS Office or comparable software and desktop publishing skills
- Advanced experience with Adobe Suite including Photoshop and Indesign
- Demonstrated experience working with Active Content Management systems: WordPress, or other website maintenance experience, including HTML code
- Advanced knowledge of current marketing and internal/external communication trends and practices, including social media, video development and teleconferencing
- Advanced knowledge of the event planning industry
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms
- Knowledge on copyright and privacy laws and standards and maintains currency in marketing and communications trends, theories and practices
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work to meet multiple deadlines and project requests; attention to detail
- Photography skills including composition, editing and adaption to multi-media formats
- Ability to work independently within established accountability and timeline guidelines
- Proven ability to collaborate, problem solve and effectively develop relationships
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to serving diverse students and stakeholders, knowledge of post-secondary environment
- Sitting at desk and computer for long periods of time
- Outside and indoors operating cameras and organizing shoots
- Ability to lift weights up to 10kg
- Travel required
Please Note: If you are selected for interview, External Candidates will be required to bring a copy of their transcripts to the interview
The salary for the above position is determined by the Collective Agreement with the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 4879, as it presently exists.
CUPE Grade 07 $28.34
Please Note: This position may be subject to a 90% salary for the first 560 hours of employment.
Kamloops, BC CA (Primary)
# of Hires Needed
Thompson Rivers University -> Campus Infrastructure and Sustainability -> The Office of Sustainability
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment:
Thompson Rivers University is strongly committed to hiring based on merit with a focus on fostering diversity of thought within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, Indigenous, Black and People of Colour, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
NOTE: To learn more about Thompson Rivers University or living in Kamloops or Williams Lake please visit our Career website.