Faculty of Science - TMIC
Competition No. -
Posting Date -
May 13, 2022
Closing Date -
May 27, 2022
Hourly Rate -
$27.71 - $37.63
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority consideration before external candidates. Please indicate your internal status using the "Advertisement" drop down menu when applying.
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA).
This position has an end date of 1 year less a day from the date of hire.
Work primarily takes place at North Campus Edmonton.
Working for the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta acknowledges that we are located on Treaty 6 territory, and respects the histories, languages and cultures of First Nations, Métis, Inuit and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our vibrant community.
The University of Alberta is teeming with change makers, community builders, and world shapers who lead with purpose each and every day. We are home to more than 40,000 students in 200+ undergraduate and 500+ graduate programs, over 13,000 faculty and staff, 260,000 alumni worldwide and have been recognized as one of Canada's Greenest Employers for over a decade.
Your work will have a meaningful influence on a fascinating cross section of people-from our students and stakeholders, to our renowned researchers and innovators who are quite literally curing diseases, making discoveries and generating solutions that make the world healthier, safer, stronger, and more just.
Working for the Department/Faculty Summary
The Metabolomics Innovation Centre (TMIC) is a nationally-funded core facility that has a unique combination of infrastructure and personnel to perform a wide range of cutting-edge metabolomic studies for clinical trials research, biomedical studies, bioproducts studies, nutrient profiling and environmental testing. This position will report to the Business Development Manager and provide business development, marketing and outreach support to TMIC's Core operations.
This position will report to the Business Development Manager and provide business development, marketing and outreach support to TMIC's Core operations.
- Support Business Development manager in the outreach activities and identification of TMIC's commercial opportunities and revenue growth areas
- Work with Nodes to ensure services and support information is kept up to date on the website and other customer facing interfaces
- Conduct market research and identifying potential clients and research collaborators
- Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with new and existing clients and research collaborators
- Develop effective partnerships across the organization at all levels, including senior management
- Collate and maintain client information in the CRM database
- Manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines
- Assist with social media posts and presentations, reference material, and other documents as required
- Assist with internal and external event execution, including conferences, webinars, and networking events
- Assist TMIC's Core Team with the preparation of various documents, slide decks, data and other material for funders, management team and Board of Directors
- Perform other general administrative and support responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor's degree in science, biology, chemistry, or related fields
- Background and/ or 1-2 years' experience in business development, marketing and sales will be considered an asset
- Excellent communication: listening, oral and written, ability to edit written content, ability to digest complex information and adjust it to the target audience
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with various levels of management, TMIC Nodes, and clients
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure
- Ability to bring creative thinking in graphic editing
- Independent thinker who is curious to learn, grow and gain deeper knowledge in promoting innovation-based services and technologies
- Solid computer skills, including MS Excel, web analytics and imaging software
- Ability to interact and collaborate effectively with other members of TMIC and stakeholders
- Sound analytical thinking, attention to details, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and work ethics
Individuals interested in applying should email their cover letter and resume to: Via Isarta
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.
COVID-19 Vaccination: Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 in compliance with the University's COVID-19 Vaccination Directive. Fully Vaccinated means a status an individual achieves 14 days after having received the recommended number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, and requires the individual to maintain the recommended number and type of vaccine doses as updated and required by Health Canada thereafter.