Do you have a heart for those experiencing homelessness? Do you have the desire to make a difference? Do you possess an excellent communication and multitasking skills? The Mustard Seed as a opportunity for you!
Digital Marketing Assistant also known as the Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Support will work within the Fund Development team to assist with the planning and execution of Peer-to-Peer fundraising programs, including all online event with AKA Raisin platform.
The Assistant will be the go-to person and problem-solver for all participant and donor inquiries, providing customer service efforts for all programs, including technology support for fundraising platforms. Digital Marketing Assistant will also provide assistance developing marketing materials, creating social media content, building, and maintaining event websites, assisting with stewardship and cultivation of Person-to-Person fundraisers, and other Person-to-Person department administrative tasks.
Position Type: Intern
Hourly Rate: $17.00 hourly
Schedule: 40 hours per week
Reporting to: Sr Manager of Campaigns and Digital Strategy
Number of Positions to Fill: 2 positions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Efficiently respond to customer service inquiries, with an eye to promoting and encouraging fundraising-focused behaviors.
- Assist team with recruiting, coaching, and stewarding participants, updating websites and shareable content, and writing eCommunication
- Perform administrative, event planning, marketing, social media, eCommunication, and other tasks within the P2P department as needed.
- Contribute to systems and process improvement across the P2P department.
- Work collaboratively with all development teams, including but not limited to Digital Fundraising, Web Properties and Special Events teams
- Consistently work to improve the manner in which projects are managed and coordinated within the agency.
- Complete projects in a timely manner utilizing pre-defined timelines agreed upon by the project team in order to secure the project's applicability and final implementation.
- Actively participate on creative and execution project teams comprised of other P2P and Development Team members.
- Work on and/or lead special projects as assigned by Department's leadership.
- All other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Graduated from or enrolled in Post-secondary program with minimum 2 years completed
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to systematically solve problems and offer solutions
- Outstanding time management skills motivated to work in a fast-paced environment and with the ability to comfortably work simultaneously on multiple projects
- Enthusiastically and keen interest in Peer-to-Peer and digital fundraising worlds
- Exceptional interpersonal skills communication skills and fluency in English (both written and oral)
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in team player with a collaborative spirit
- Superior interpersonal skills, making presentations and public speaking skills, good listening, and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs, writing reports, letters
- Strong organizational and time management skill with the ability to prioritize
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while always remaining deadline-driven
- Be approachable, flexible, and available
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Moderate physical effort is required to successfully accomplish the essential job functions, such as keyboarding to word process documents and entering data into Salesforce
- Moderate mental effort is required to successfully accomplish the essential job functions such as providing information and resolving data discrepancies
- An Employment Background Check is required for all positions at The Mustard Seed
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed's Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Must be returning for the fall semester at a post-secondary institution
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR CANADA SUMMER JOBS
- Please do not apply if all these conditions are not met
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Not a member of the Immediate Family of the Employer or a member of the Immediate Family of an officer or director of the Employer
- International students are not eligible participants
- For more information about Canada Summer Jobs: https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/youth
- Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect is used solely for consideration for employment.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
- Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.