As our Rocket Manager, you will be playing a vital role in creating a sweet atmosphere at our office, planning all our fun and fruity events and celebrations, and providing administrative support. In other words, we are looking for someone who enjoys wearing multiple hats, providing excellent customer service, and is passionate about Kicking Sugar and Keeping Candy! This role reports to the Sr. Director of Squad
and will be located in Vancouver.
This role is supporting Candyland HQ (aka. our office) based in Mount Pleasant and will be required in-office.
Who Are We?
SmartSweets is on a mission to Kick Sugar, Keep Candy! We believe in the power of curiosity and with a smart combination of passion, focus and innovation that we can change the world! We trust it's possible to live in a world where candy doesn't always equal sugar, and where words like guilt, permission, and indulgence no longer carry weight. We believe we can enjoy candy just as we enjoy life - to the fullest. This is why we won't ever stop innovating and launching new #KickSugar candy products you know and love from childhood. We are proudly Female-Founded and on our way to kick 5.5 billion grams of sugar out of candy in a single year (what we call our Mission to Mars). We are proud to be an employer that has received accolades as A Great Place to Work in multiple categories, as well as Canadian Business Start Up List for Top New Growth Companies!
How You Will Support Our Mission :
Candyland HQ (aka Our Office)
- Oversee management of day-to-day facilities operations, budget/expense management, compliance requirements, facilities maintenance, and general office management
- Ensure our office spaces (meeting rooms, common areas, kitchen, etc.) are tidy, functional, and comfortable so our team can work happily and productively
- Lead in developing office processes and operating/experience standards
- Lead facility planning and occupancy standards in support of our growth
- Update workplace safety and Covid safety plans as per local requirements. Ensure the revised plans are adequately and appropriately communicated as required
- Select and manage relationships with external vendors and providers
- Manage the shipping process of ingoing and outgoing packages
- Support with our stellar New Hire Onboarding process and offboarding process
- Support with coordinating the weekly newsletter
- Support others with office administration functions
Squad Events and Trade Shows
- Lead planning and executing simple and complex events, including monthly Squad activities calendar and all Squad in-person events
- Manage all logistical planning for quarterly sales team meetings
- Manage all logistical planning for quarterly leadership team offsite and Board meetings
- Manage SmartSweets participation in 3-4 large scale trade shows per year, including:
- Pre-show activities (ex. Registration, booth logistics, accommodations, swag)
- Show Activities (ex. Participation and coordination)
- Post-show activities (ex. Tear down)
- Minimum 3 to 4 years of experience focusing on workplace operations and/or in facilities management in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Experience with organizing service providers to address building issues
- Ability to lift 30 to 40 pounds
- Demonstrated experience in executing events of multiple sizes from small gatherings of less than 20 to upwards of 65+ people both in-person and virtual
- Ability to work under pressure and deal effectively under stress
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Assertive, professional, and positive with a proven ability to develop and lead in a team environment
- High level of integrity, is trustworthy, hyper-organized, and able to creatively solve issues at a fast-paced and growing company
- And willingness to do whatever is needed to get the task done. Someone who is okay to roll up their sleeves!
- Ability to travel within Canada and US
- Excited to live and breathe our core values and are fired up by our mission to Kick Sugar, Keep Candy..... and must love to have FUN!
The Sweet Stuff:
- Bonus based on personal & company performance
- Bear Benefits (aka. free candy!)
- Extended health and dental benefits and EAP
- 5 Paid Restore Days (aka. sick/personal time)
- Monthly Cell Phone bill reimbursement
- Home Allowance to optimize your remote workspace
- Life, Work, Flow Philosophy (aka. flexible work environment)
- Parental Leave Top Up Program (inclusive to all parents)
- Individual Development Program and funding
- Summer FriYAY's (aka. half days off on Friday in the summer)
- Community Love (aka. paid Volunteer Day)
- Puppy Friendly Office
- Regular Squad Social Events
Excited to join and play a key role in our mission to Kick Sugar, Keep Candy? We want to hear from you! Please apply to our careers page with your resume, cover letter and why you are excited about kicking sugar out of candy!
Our Commitment to Celebrating Individuality - Representation & Inclusion
We are committed to elevating the voices of Squad and community members on the mission to Kick Sugar, Keep Candy! We believe representing the uniqueness of all makes us stronger as a whole. We are making a difference by encouraging all Squad Members to practice allyship, educate themselves, inspire others to take action and support underrepresented communities. We have a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee led by a Third-Party Consultant to support this guiding principle and initiatives.
Effective October 15, 2021, Squad Members must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. SmartSweets implemented this policy to reduce the risk that someone will be exposed to COVID-19 during in-person business activities. SmartSweets intends for this policy to comply with all applicable laws. It is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable. Reasonable accommodations will be made for medical conditions and sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday