ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
The candidate is responsible for coordinating activities within the Marketing Department in Montreal, working in an integrated manner with the National Marketing Team. This position receives some direction or guidance; some tasks and objectives are accomplished independently. This is a one year temporary contract (maternity leave replacement).
- Support the Business Development and Marketing Manager with the development and execution of the marketing and communication initiatives.
- Monitor the social media presence of Gowling WLG in Quebec, in compliance with the national strategy.
- Draft, coordinate production and distribute internal office newsletter.
- Review and ensure the compliance of communication materials with the firm’s general guidelines and style.
- Conduct research and develop editorial content for a variety of marketing materials, including Web content, brochures, ads, appointment notices, news releases, newsletters, seminars and presentations.
- Provide event assistance, as necessary.
- Support the digital marketing national team, in particular with regard to marketing mailings and updates to the website.
- Edit and maintain professional bios and suggest content revisions to ensure copy is accurate, clear and concise.
- Coordinate production of advertising and marketing materials.
- Coordinate photo shoots.
- Any other duties as required.
Gowling WLG has introduced a COVID-19 mandatory vaccination policy that requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for everyone working in or visiting its Canadian offices effective September 27, 2021. Accordingly, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the successful candidate providing proof of full vaccination. Any exemption request will be considered on a case-by-case basis and granted only where the request meets the requirements of applicable legislation.
- Post secondary education in a business and/or marketing discipline.
- A minimum of (2) two to (3) three years of experience in the coordination and execution of marketing and business development initiatives, preferably within a professional services organization.
- High degree of motivation, resourcefulness, creativity and knowledge of the trends in the digital marketing and communication fields.
- Strong social network management skills.
- Superior writing, researching, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment.
- Strong interpersonal relations and teamwork skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge of Web tools, Photoshop, Illustrator. Basic knowledge of HTML coding, an asset.
- Bilingualism (French/English).
Gowling WLG is proud to offer equal employment opportunities.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.