Notch is seeking an Administrative Assistant who brings a passion for supporting and coordinating teams, a genuine desire to build positive relationships, contributing to building a collaborative culture, and who enjoys working towards the overall organizational goals.
To be successful in this role, you need to be self-motivated, flexible and willing to contribute to the team utilizing sound judgment in resolving issues and making recommendations. This position will work closely with the Senior Manager, Administrative Services and will establish administrative procedures and protocols that will help guide our growing team in Toronto. As a member of the administrative team you will work with your peers to support the team during high volume periods and backfill support when needed.
About Notch (www.notchtx.com)
Notch is an early-stage biotech company, working to maximize the benefit of cell therapies through a proprietary T cell-production platform which combines sophisticated product design with commercial-compatible processes to enhance patient outcomes. Notch's iPSC-based technology platform allows for precision control of notch signaling, which removes several critical limiting factors in the development of cell therapies, delivering the ability to design and manufacture a uniform and unlimited supply of therapeutic T cells.
Office coordination and support
- Provide support to all employees including the leadership team.
- Monitor and maintain a high quality functional working environment by supporting day to day business operations.
- Provide shipping and receiving support for relevant teams including assistance with non-hazardous courier shipments.
- Responsible for ensuring meeting and workspace locations have necessary equipment and are properly set up.
- Ensure office space and related equipment is in working order and restock as needed, requesting maintenance as needed
- Coordinate with snack, beverage, catering and food delivery services and ensuring general office supplies are well stocked
- Coordinate social events and teambuilding
- Manage and maintain positive relationships with office equipment & supply vendors.
- Assist in creating office operations documents and signage to communicate relevant company information
- Assist with the planning and execution of onsite and offsite meetings, events and conferences
- Identify opportunities to make our office a better workplace, implementing new initiatives for continual improvements
Team Coordination and Support
- Provide support and information to team members as needed. This may include meeting scheduling, meeting coordination which may including taking minutes & catering needs, electronic file system development and coordination, travel & expense reconciliation, travel planning and booking
- Assist with project management, keeping the team on track
- Assist the IT & People & Culture teams with new employee onboarding
Other responsibilities as required
Role Requirements and Qualifications
- Post Secondary education in a related field preferred.
- 4+ years recent related experience in office/business environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications.
Desired Characteristics and Demonstrated Skills
- Desire to learn and grow with the company.
- Demonstrated ability to promote Notch values in all areas of responsibility.
- Passion for helping others
- Friendly and engaging demeanor with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Adaptable approach; a love for solving problems both big and small, with a confident and positive attitude
- Demonstrated initiative and being energized by a team-based environment
- Superior approach to critical thinking, and the ability to source creative solutions to unforeseen situations
- Excellent organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to successfully juggle multiple tasks and have outstanding time management skills
- Recognized as accountable, reliable, punctual and resilient, with an unwavering work ethic
- Demonstrated ability and keen interest in modelling Notch's Core Values: Collaborative, Motivated, Ingenious
Employment with Notch is conditional upon providing documentation to confirm receipt of both doses of an approved Covid-19 vaccine. Notch will consider exemptions to this requirement based on legitimate medical or religious grounds.
Notch Therapeutics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, provincial or local law.
Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.