SSAB has nearly 1,200 highly skilled employees in the U.S. Jobs at SSAB range from machine operators and sales people to advanced engineers and corporate professionals in HR, finance and more. SSAB offers challenging careers and comprehensive benefit program designed to keep employees and their families healthy and secure.
This position is responsible for a number of administrative activities that require coordination among the various operational and commercial departments that comprise SSAB's Scarborough facility. These activities include general office administration including reception, human resources, inventory management and general sales support.
This position requires a good disposition, good communication (written and verbal) skills, good organizational skills, and the ability to gain good working knowledge of SSAB's products, services and customer base, the ability to understanding SSAB's computer systems, and the willingness to progress.
General Office Administration/Reception
- Answer Phones and greet visitors
- Greet and sign in visitors, ensuring compliance with SSAB's visitor requirements
- Enter all receipts, work orders and service reports into Ariba.
- Obtain approval of invoices from the appropriate manager, where required
- Perform 3-way match of the invoice, purchase order and proof of completion
- Administer the Petty Cash fund and ensure funds dispersed are covered by receipts
- Complete cheque requests for petty cash and various membership and attendance fees
- Act as Accounts Payable contact to track invoices, advise vendors of payment status, resolve invoice issues, and reconcile statements of account
- Manage the distribution of necessary safety equipment Inventory Management Support
- Check status of in-transit reports for accuracy
- Update toll coils in-transit via CSIS, enter chemistry certification information
- Print tags from CSIS for coils and plates owned by SSAB and toll coils owned by customers
- Forward toll coil tag information to vendor/customer General Administration/ Sales Support
- Lead Time Update communications to be edited for distribution to customer base
- Maintain customer contact list with assistance of the Sales Department
- Develop skills to fill in for Inside Sales in case of short term absenteeism, to include communicating order status, performing inventory searches and entering orders
- Demonstrate capability to support Inside Sales in addressing basic customer questions or concerns where required
- Register employees for membership in associations and attendance at industry events
- Maintain schedules of Sales, Purchasing, and Administration staff, including attendance, absences and vacations
- General filing and record keeping in a neat and orderly manner
- Distribute internal and industry communications
- Coordinate all incoming and outgoing mail and courier
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager Vendor Management & Purchasing Support
- Maintain vendor files in accordance with SSAB's policies and procedures
- Initiate workflow requests to add, modify and inactivate vendors
- Invite new vendors to complete new vendor registration forms and register in Ariba
- Initiate workflow requests for vendors requesting an exception to SSAB's payment terms
- Create purchase requisitions in Ariba, where required
- Forward approved purchase orders to vendors electronically or via fax to obtain signed order acknowledgement QUALIFICATIONS
Competencies and Experience
- 2 years general office or data entry experience
- Good computer skills including: Word and Excel
- General office experience within a manufacturing setting
- Familiarity with Accounts Payable Education
- High School education or equivalent Preferred:
- Two year college diploma SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES / DIRECT REPORTS
This position has no direct supervision responsibilities
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is constantly required to:
- Sit and work at a desk The employee is frequently required to:
- Stand and walk, and may alternate sitting and standing as needed
- Balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb
- Twist at waist level
- Reach above shoulder level, at waist/desk level, and below waist/desk level
- Finger with right hand, left hand, and both hands (fine motor)
- Feel with right hand, left hand, and both hands (sensing temperatures and textures)
- Push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds The employee is required to:
- Talk person to person, on the phone, and in group settings as needed
- Hear in person, on the phone, and in group settings as needed
- Possess near, midrange, far, peripheral, and depth perception vision POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Position is full time, non- exempt OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SSAB's vision is a stronger, lighter and more sustainable world.
SSAB's values form the guiding principals of our company.
They shape our culture and characteristics. They serve as a compass for our actions and behavior, and describe what we stand for. Values guide us daily in making the right choices and doing the right things.
SSAB's values are:
- Driven - Together we create value
- True - Do what is right
- Ahead - Future in mind