We are seeking an Inside Sales Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for execution of strategic direction, development, and performance of inside sales activities in assigned markets. You will work collectively with inside sales supervisor to staff and direct inside sales team. You will provide leadership toward achievement of maximum profitability and growth with customers in line with company vision and values. You will ensure execution of plans and strategies to expand customer base in marketing area and contributes to development of training and educational programs for clients and inside sales personnel.
- Executes and manages business plan and sales strategy for branch to ensure attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Plans and strategically partners with selected supplier partners to ensure achievement of mutual growth plans.
- Serves as coach and mentor to inside sales personnel.
- Promotes vision by providing customers with creative and broad based solutions to assist in achieving their goals.
- Works collectively with inside sales and field sales leaders to ensure effective communication within branch.
- Maintains limited and strategic account responsibility in branch.
- Oversees performance and development of inside sales team.
- Conducts one-on-one review with sales team to build effective communications, understand training and development needs, and provide insight for improvement of team sales.
- Prepares action plans for inside sales team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Identifies and creates new sales initiatives and executes sales strategies to penetrate new markets.
- Assists in implementation of marketing plans.
- Works with divisions to coordinate sales activities and initiatives.
- Maintains accurate records of pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by sales team.
- Maintains contact with clients in market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- High School Degree or equivalent required; Bachelors' Degree preferred.
- 2 years required, 4 years preferred of inside sales management with preferred experience in distribution industry.
- 4 years of creating new or significantly advancing sales channels is preferred.
- 4 years of strong background and track record in managing creative sales initiatives is preferred.
- 4 years of training and developing a sales force is preferred. :
- Strong professional sales and consultative skills, ability to coach and mentor growing sales team.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services, including marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, and sales techniques.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of business and management principles, including resource allocation, leadership and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to function effectively in cross-functional work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, math, and persuasion skills preferred.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Knowledge of wholesale distribution products and markets preferred.
WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded FORTUNE 250 company, is a leading provider of business-to-business distribution, logistics services and supply chain management solutions. Pro forma 2019 annual sales were over $17 billion, including Anixter International which it acquired in June 2020.
WESCO offers a best-in-class product and services portfolio of Electrical and Electronic Solutions, Communications and Security Solutions, and Utility and Broadband Solutions. The company employs over 18,000 people, maintains relationships with over 30,000 suppliers, and serves more than 150,000 customers worldwide. With nearly 1.5 million products, end-to-end supply chain services, and leading digital capabilities, WESCO provides innovative solutions to meet customer needs across commercial and industrial businesses, contractors, government agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers, and utilities.
WESCO operates nearly 800 branch and warehouse locations in over 50 countries, providing a local presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national corporations.
At WESCO, we build, connect, power, and protect the world. We have the capabilities and expertise to deliver the latest technologies, including: Industrial networking, Intelligent buildings, Cloud computing, Alternative energy, Broadband communications, Critical infrastructure protection, LED lighting retrofits, and Physical security.