Location: Remote In Toronto
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Working Hours: Mon-Fri, 40 hours/week
- Compensation: Base salary plus commission
- On target earnings (OTE) $90K to $110K CAD (uncapped commission)
FIRST THINGS FIRST, WHY SALES AT HOMESTARS?!
- Biweekly pay periods - every two weeks you have a new opportunity to earn UNCAPPED commission!
- Career growth!
- HomeStars is invested in the development and advancement of individuals on our sales team - some quick stats on our internal promotions in the last 12 months:
- 32% of the sales staff were promoted in the last year
- 67% of our sales Managers are past reps who were promoted after exceeding targets and showing leadership on the sales floor
- 100% of our Enterprise Sales team are past sales representatives
- Professional development!
- HomeStars offers reps the opportunity to grow their skills and showcase their leadership in the following ways:
- Three week-long sales training and onboarding program to set you up for success
- Quarterly Leadership Development Program (LDP)
- Internal Internship - cross-functional program culminating in a presentation given to the executive leadership team
- CEO for a day session where reps have the chance to sit with our CEO and discuss high-level strategy for HomeStars' business
Perks of joining HomeStars:
- All our roles are currently remote. Office equipment supplied!
- Equity in the business: Share in HomeStars' success with a $5,000USD/year grant
- Comprehensive benefits package. We want our employees to stay healthy!
- Monthly wellness activities to support your mental and physical health
- Home Improvement Credit: All employees receive a yearly credit to use toward a service from HomeStars
- December Closure: Our whole team takes a break in the last week of December, every year
- Personal Days: 5 extra days off per year, on top of vacation and sick days
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of Toronto's entertainment district, including a rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts, and foosball
- It takes a lot of amazing people to make HomeStars what it is. We're on a high-growth mission and looking for passionate, purpose-driven people to help us continue to grow our presence from Coast to Coast in Canada.
- As an Account Executive, you'll be part of the dynamic and diverse team responsible for selling the HomeStars platform to Canadian service professionals. With your knowledge and skills, you can help us make meaningful connections that help businesses thrive, and homeowners complete their projects.
- Our Account Executives start with an intensive 3-week sales training program to learn about our platform, products, and sales process
Your typical day at HomeStars:
- Work with an upbeat, outgoing sales team and learn from some of the industry's best sales leaders
- Manage the full sales cycle including cold calling, prospecting, pitching, and closing sales
- Demonstrate your knowledge of HomeStars' sales process, our value proposition, and our product
- Apply grit and perseverance to directly impact your success by hitting daily KPIs and striving to exceed your biweekly sales targets
- Take part in team huddles, all-hands meetings, and ?open office? days to stay connected with the broader Sales team
- Stay up to date on HomeStars product developments and marketing initiatives to inform your sales strategy
- 1-2 years of experience in sales OR educational equivalent
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Confidence, grit, and thick skin. This is primarily a cold-calling sales role best suited for someone who is self-motivated, driven, and has a positive outlook
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced sales environment that requires adaptability and on-the-spot problem solving
- Experience navigating sales cycles, handling objections, and articulating value propositions to custome
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM software
- Proficient technical skills and the ability to learn technology quickly
- A post-secondary degree/diploma
- A passion to grow your sales career at a company with vast money-making potential
HomeStars is Canada's leading platform connecting homeowners with qualified service professionals for their home improvement needs. Every month, over half a million homeowners visit HomeStars to research and select the best-rated professionals nearby. Check out homestars.com to learn more!
HomeStars Core Values
Our Core Values are woven into everything we do. They guide how we behave, how we act, and what we will aspire to be. They underpin the culture of HomeStars and act as drivers for impact, personal growth, and collective performance.
Customer Obsessed: When our customers thrive, we thrive. We put their needs first.
Think Big: We think without limits. We believe in the possible.
Embrace Candor: We speak up, listen and challenge respectfully.
Act Like an Owner: We're invested, we own our outcomes.
Bias for Action: We take action to accelerate our success. Speed matters.
We're Stronger Together: Our differences empower us, our will to win unites us.
HomeStars has recently been recognized as:
Great Place to Work® CertifiedTM
Best Workplaces for Hybrid Work, Canada 2022
Best Workplaces Managed by Women, Canada 2021
Best Workplaces in Technology, Canada 2020
Best Workplaces for Today's Youth, Canada 2020
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.